Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47/48 battery autopsy ...

Reaction score
I just realized that TB47/48 batteries are build in 6S2P configuration, therefore each cell actually contains 2 cells in parallel for total 12 cells. This unusual design rises the question about balancing since ,,, well, it is rather impossible to balance 12 cells with 6 cell balancing harness. How is it done? Would it be possible to balance 6S3P configuration the same way or the compromise may be just too risky for whatever reason?

I just realized that TB47/48 batteries are build in 6S2P configuration, therefore each cell actually contains 2 cells in parallel for total 12 cells. This unusual design rises the question about balancing since ,,, well, it is rather impossible to balance 12 cells with 6 cell balancing harness. How is it done? Would it be possible to balance 6S3P configuration the same way or the compromise may be just too risky for whatever reason?
I believe they run on the assumption that the 2P batteries are being drained and charged equally. Ergo; they don't require any special management. It's only when you get into a serial situation that loads and charging can become unbalanced. Hence; the balance chargers. This is an educated guess.

D

I believe they run on the assumption that the 2P batteries are being drained and charged equally. Ergo; they don't require any special management. It's only when you get into a serial situation that loads and charging can become unbalanced. Hence; the balance chargers. This is an educated guess.

D
Thank you Brother Donnie for your input. Yes, that is my educated guess as well: they assumed tolerable behaviour of 2P configuration. These lightweight cells of probably 10-15C discharge rate are the smallest available in this capacity range, hence the idea of using them for Inspire 1 packs. How really trustworthy is such approach remains a mystery. That's is irrelevant with redundant (?) Inspire 2 twin pack, where 2P configuration is abandoned ...

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz