Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47/TB48 Deep Cycling

Those "many articles" apply to batteries that don't have a battery management circuitry like DJI batteries have. The shutdown point on those is much higher than where damage appears.

That is false information, based on nothing but pure speculation.
I would ask you for proof of this "wish" but there is none for you to supply.
It's so easy to type words on the internet isn't it :)

What Chip posted is fact based on 15years of research.
Your "smart batteries" Kilrah are actually dumb as a rock.
They have no logic at all, just a balancing board added to them.
If DJI didn't supply the pack with such weak wattage the pack would puff up faster than a first generation Hobby King lipo.

And for the guys who keep preaching, "read the manual, it is gospel" that is just terrible and very selfish advice. There have been MANY mistakes in the manual, (and that's why it get's updated online).

For those of you who like to drain their packs down to zero, I laugh in your general direction every time you start a new thread, "My New Pack Is Bricked" - bahah :p

Reactions: ianwood

If DJI didn't supply the pack with such weak wattage the pack would puff up faster than a first generation Hobby King lipo.

And for the guys who keep preaching, "read the manual, it is gospel" that is just terrible and very selfish advice. There have been MANY mistakes in the manual, (and that's why it get's updated online).

For those of you who like to drain their packs down to zero, I laugh in your general direction every time you start a new thread, "My New Pack Is Bricked" - bahah [emoji14]
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt many people will see your post as I've heard you're on the ignore list.

For those of you who like to drain their packs down to zero, I laugh in your general direction every time you start a new thread, "My New Pack Is Bricked" - bahah :p
If, as you believe, the DJI Inspire packs are "as dumb as a rock" and "have no logic at all, just a balancing board" perhaps you would be good enough to explain what the three low profile surface mounted IC' s are on the batteries logic board? Or maybe you could enlighten us all on why the Inspire batteries have a LVC above 3v per cell and simply will not allow you to discharge the pack lower and prevent damage?
While you are at it, it maybe a good idea to explain to people that since the batteries have no logic in them and are just dumb lipo packs why they need firmware to control them?

Are you sure it is 100% safe to use an RC charger? I have an icharger 1010B+ I can use. At what rate you discharge ? and what is the min cell voltage you set or do you continue till the battery itself turns itself off? What connector you use to connect it to the charger?
I use a 3010B set to discharge at 3A and 6s to 3.1V/cell. The discharge ends when the battery shuts itself down. I've cut the supplied cable and added a pair of XT60 inline.

After every 10 cycles? Strange! In the P3 manual they go for every 20 cycles. Are these batteries so different?
Yes, the I1 batteries are a lot more powerful with twice the number of battery cells. I guess that's why you need to calibrate batteries more often

I did my first deep discharge yesterday, did a normal flight and once it got to about.30% kept it in fairly close. When thebattery warning came up ( around 30) it seemed as if the inspire lost GPS mode and went into a very bad attempt at atti mode...as I am used to racing small quads this wasn't too much of an issue, but it was certainly unexpected. Is this normal? Switching between all modes would not bring it back to GPS mode, and it was more flying rate mode than atti mode. Appreciate any comments.

What do you believe is being achieved by deep cycling batteries other than giving the batt % a more accurate bottom point.

My issue with these deep cycles is your most likely damaging the battery in the process. Running a LiPo under load below 3.5V per cell will start to damage the chemistry of the battery. I see some examples of deep cycling running cells down to 3.3V and even lower. This is bad.

I've never calibrated a DJI battery. Probably never will. I've never had any of my Inspire batteries displaying batt % that is far off but I always watch cell voltage just in case.

I wish DJI would give us the option to set a voltage alarm like the A2 / A3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah