Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47 vs. TB48

Reaction score
Has anyone done a real test of TB47 vs. TB48 batteries? Pros/cons? Worth the extra cost for 48's? And what is average real world cost (retail) for each? Thanks!

Has anyone done a real test of TB47 vs. TB48 batteries? Pros/cons? Worth the extra cost for 48's? And what is average real world cost (retail) for each? Thanks!

I don't know how anyone can respond to your question.

The TB48 has 30% more capacity, and it costs roughly 30% more than the TB47, with a minor increase in weight. My experience with three TB48s, seems to indicate the capacity claims are accurate. The only con I can think of, are the travel and shipping restrictions on the TB48.

The pricing is what it is. I've never seen any dealer offering anything other than MSRP on either one.

Only you can determine its value to you.

I don't know how anyone can respond to your question.

The TB48 has 30% more capacity, and it costs roughly 30% more than the TB47, with a minor increase in weight. My experience with three TB48s, seems to indicate the capacity claims are accurate. The only con I can think of, are the travel and shipping restrictions on the TB48.

The pricing is what it is. I've never seen any dealer offering anything other than MSRP on either one.

Only you can determine its value to you.
Thank you for the info. I was interested to see if the extra capacity really translated to 30% more flight time. I didnt want to pay a 30% premium if it only translated to 15 or 20% more time. Of course it depends on ones needs. PS.- You where able to respond to the question. Kudos

Got 22 minutes on TB48 with 12% power left and almost 18 minutes with TB 47.It's defenitly worth to get TB 48's.You will notice the difference when flying both of them.TB 47 looks like you just started your flight once in the air and it's almost empty.
So TB 48 is worth to buy.

Just received 2 48's and an extra 47 in anticipation of my upcoming trip to the island of Antigua. Regarding the travel restrictions for the larger cap batts, what are the chances of having them confiscated based on capacity scrutinized by TSA? Both the 47 and 48 look identical. Are baggage screeners really reading the fine print?

I just can't see buying a bunch of 47's instead, merely to make them pass inspection for travel, especially since I just sprung for a rugged travel case from "Tradecraft".

Just received 2 48's and an extra 47 in anticipation of my upcoming trip to the island of Antigua. Regarding the travel restrictions for the larger cap batts, what are the chances of having them confiscated based on capacity scrutinized by TSA? Both the 47 and 48 look identical. Are baggage screeners really reading the fine print?

I just can't see buying a bunch of 47's instead, merely to make them pass inspection for travel, especially since I just sprung for a rugged travel case from "Tradecraft".
Hey Dr Dave ..
I've heard of a guy on hear having his confiscated. .( slim-slammer )I think his handle is..
it's in the news section. .
I would suggest having a copy of the tsa guidelines regarding lipo batteries to show the agent..
also have a plan B in case you run into problems. .
like quadpilot suggested if there's a problem get a later flight or shipping service on stand by..you get the picture...
turbo. .

The TB47's and TB48's are clearly marked as to their capacities exactly for this purpose.

Print off the TSA 2-sheet guidelines in case you encounter an agent who needs a quick refresher and politely point to the guidelines and then the battery labels.

All should be well.

One of my businesses is a sign shop. Maybe I can print some 47 labels and accidently afix to the 48's. Yup.

After the cavity search, you'll definitely get put on a "no fly" list & have to take greyhound for the next 5 years. Did I mention the delay/cancelation of the flight & the other passengers who'll extremely pissed at you...

Wormwood

I carried 5 T47 from tampa to dallas through japan to cebu. I only got asked if they could swab for drugs. I had a copy of the courier policy on dangerous goods. Which T47 was unlimited.. t48 was restricted to two carried on and on in the unit. .that was the entire stipulation. They stabbed I was out on my trip.... I am heading back to pick up 2 more t48. Hope that helps.

I just picked up these bad boys for that very purpose--->

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:liposafety

I use good old Zip Loc plastic bags, quart sized, one bag per Inspire battery for carry on baggage. $0.05 each.

Airlines / TSA require the batteries be "insulated" from coins, pens etc in carry on baggage. Even though the Inspire 1 battery leads are hidden inside plastic protectors, it's still possible something could connect them I suppose.

Zip Loc plastic bags won't help if a battery explodes or catches fire of course, but they're much less bulky and cheaper than dedicated lipo bags (I have them and they suck as carry on due to their inflexible material and form factor).

Your mileage may vary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips