Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 battery has no serial number

Reaction score
I have a TB48 battery that is a little strange.
It is in excellent physical condition and shows being charged 8 times.
What is peculiar is that it shows all zeros as the serial number in the app.
I have checked this on android and IOS devices, shows the same on both.
There is a sticker on the bottom of the battery with a seral number and no strange warnings pop up when plugging it in such as non-genuine battery, or any warnings for that matter.
Is this thing safe to use?
Did someone just forget to enter the serial # at the factory?
It shows 5548 mAh as the capacity, shouldn't this be 5700?

t48a.jpg t48b.jpg

I've seen this on batteries here and there. Had two of my own without S/N shown in the app and they were a pain because HealthyDrones could not keep track of what battery they were. Not sure of the reason for these missing a S/N other than carelessness in production and QC not doing their job but I can confirm that we do see this every so often with 100% genuine batteries.

Mike

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I have a TB48 battery that is a little strange.
It is in excellent physical condition and shows being charged 8 times.
What is peculiar is that it shows all zeros as the serial number in the app.
I have checked this on android and IOS devices, shows the same on both.
There is a sticker on the bottom of the battery with a seral number and no strange warnings pop up when plugging it in such as non-genuine battery, or any warnings for that matter.
Is this thing safe to use?
Did someone just forget to enter the serial # at the factory?
It shows 5548 mAh as the capacity, shouldn't this be 5700?

View attachment 13589 View attachment 13590
Nothing to worry about and no, your packs capacity will diminish over time/use.
Even a battery that is not used and is stored at correct levels and in ideal conditions will lose circa 2% capacity over a twelve month period.
It depends how the pack has been treated and the quality of the cells as to how much capacity you effectively lose over time.

A tb48 has 12 3.8 volt 10.83wh cells in it ran in parallel and in series and the 5700 mah is based off of that. I can't remember the formula off the top of my head but there are calculators you can use to figure out what your real life mah is. Your battery is in pretty good shape. No worries there.

I have one of my TB 48 batteries with this problem too. The battery is genuine but not serial. I use IOs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino