Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 Battery and Battery Station "Safe" Firmware - Trying to answer "What Firmware Should My Batteries Be On?"

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been trying to get my head around the history of the TB 50 battery firmware, the firmware for the TB 50 charging station and what battery firmware it pushes, and what battery firmware is the "safe" version released in December of 2018 or so.

Because I enjoy wasting my time, I tried calling DJI a few times to see if I could get a simple answer to the question of "What's the firmware version that was released to address the TB 50 issues?" Of course, that didn't work, but I did get one instance where the DJI rep I spoke with confirmed that 1.0.0.71 was the latest battery firmware version for the TB 50s and that this is a "safe" version, after I told him about the release notes for the Battery Station. Release notes here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Battery+Station/20181120/Battery_Station_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

I poked through a number of TB 50 threads on here, but never found a conclusive "here's the battery firmware version you want to be on" answer, so can anyone comment? I plugged the Battery Station into DJI Assistant on 1/22/2020 to see what the current firmware is, and it's the version indicated in the release notes above. Battery Station FW = 1.0.0.36 Internal Battery (TB 50) = 1.0.0.71

So, does anyone know if 1.0.0.71 is the "safe" firmware created to fix all of the TB50 issues?

Hey everyone. Been trying to get my head around the history of the TB 50 battery firmware, the firmware for the TB 50 charging station and what battery firmware it pushes, and what battery firmware is the "safe" version released in December of 2018 or so.

Because I enjoy wasting my time, I tried calling DJI a few times to see if I could get a simple answer to the question of "What's the firmware version that was released to address the TB 50 issues?" Of course, that didn't work, but I did get one instance where the DJI rep I spoke with confirmed that 1.0.0.71 was the latest battery firmware version for the TB 50s and that this is a "safe" version, after I told him about the release notes for the Battery Station. Release notes here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Battery+Station/20181120/Battery_Station_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

I poked through a number of TB 50 threads on here, but never found a conclusive "here's the battery firmware version you want to be on" answer, so can anyone comment? I plugged the Battery Station into DJI Assistant on 1/22/2020 to see what the current firmware is, and it's the version indicated in the release notes above. Battery Station FW = 1.0.0.36 Internal Battery (TB 50) = 1.0.0.71

So, does anyone know if 1.0.0.71 is the "safe" firmware created to fix all of the TB50 issues?
Yes, this is the latest, apparently final firmware version for TB50 batteries. Go 4 app will let you know anyway, reporting firmware inconsistency and offering the option to fix the issue.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
update to 2-28-21. Battery station F/W 10.0.37, TB 50's 10.0.87. I haven't been able to connect to DJI Assistant 2 on mac to check for anything new as it doesn't work with Big Sure:(

update to 2-28-21. Battery station F/W 10.0.37, TB 50's 10.0.87. I haven't been able to connect to DJI Assistant 2 on mac to check for anything new as it doesn't work with Big Sure:(
FYI, version 1.0.0.37 of the battery station firmware will only update batteries to 1.0.0.71, it does not include the most recent 1.0.0.87 firmware. I just confirmed this with DJI support. To get the .87 release, you must update the batteries via the aircraft.

They had no answer as to when the battery station would be updated to include .87.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74