Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50's Dead?

Reaction score
I've acquired two (2) new TB50's and they are totally dead. Placing them on charger they are not taking a charge either(charger just blinks) . Of course they are under warranty, but wonder if there's something that I can neither find on research nor any posts/threads. I have multiple chargers so that's not an issue, as my other TB50's charge fine. I just find it very odd that two new batteries are dead and cannot take a charge? Any secret tips?

Reactions: Phil DeVore
I've acquired two (2) new TB50's and they are totally dead. Placing them on charger they are not taking a charge either(charger just blinks) . Of course they are under warranty, but wonder if there's something that I can neither find on research nor any posts/threads. I have multiple chargers so that's not an issue, as my other TB50's charge fine. I just find it very odd that two new batteries are dead and cannot take a charge? Any secret tips?
Most likely it’s a manufacturing/inspection defect but since they’re under warranty return them. I have had more costly defective items from DJI than batteries so this doesn’t surprise me.
Another one of DJI’s bads.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Most likely these new batteries sat in storage to long. The intelligent battery circuit discharges the batteries below the low voltage cut off point. That is why we must keep our batteries charged at least every 60 days.
Send them back. DJI is still working on battery FW but I am not confident they will ever fix the basic problem ((cheap LiPo cells))
Rich

Most likely these new batteries sat in storage to long. The intelligent battery circuit discharges the batteries below the low voltage cut off point. That is why we must keep our batteries charged at least every 60 days.
Send them back. DJI is still working on battery FW but I am not confident they will ever fix the basic problem ((cheap LiPo cells))
Rich
We have had new ones show up like that too - we presume they sat around before they shipped to the US - or came over via sea instead of air. I can't imagine long rides in a hot shipping container being good for batteries - even if they are boxed and in foam.

Hi, I had the same issue. Bought a new TB50 and at the second charge it would not light up or give any other sign of life.

Hi, I had the same issue. Bought a new TB50 and at the second charge it would not light up or give any other sign of life.
Sounds like it was sitting around in stock, too long. I am sure they will replace it for you under warranty
Rich

Well call me crazy (or anything you'd like), but I brought my I2 out of hibernation for the first time in perhaps 2 years. I have 5 sets of TB50 batteries and 3 sets surprisingly still had a bit of trickle left in them. 1 set show signs of bulging so those are a loss and the other set the charger shows no indication of batteries attached. So it looks like a loss of 2 sets darn it.

The controller took awhile to recover but it seems to be back in order as well. I did a test flight on 1 set of batteries and the flight time was good. Debating on whether or not to catch up on firmware updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah