Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The $4 Sunshade tutorial video

Ok I am off to the hardware store.

Great work thanks for sharing.

I have just finished a timber shade box .... Looks like I wont be using it now.

I really like your design, Pete. I went to our local hardware and to Home Depot to try to find the plastic corner that you used to attach the foam board to the iPad mini and I did not find it. I asked the sales folks and they did not know of anything that they had that was anywhere close to what I described.

Sorry to be so ignorant but could you tell me more about how the corner plastic is used in a shower installation so that I could better describe this to the sales folks at Home Depot?

Ot has anyone else found these plastic corners in any of the Big Box stores that could point me in the right direction as to where to find it?

I really like your design, Pete. I went to our local hardware and to Home Depot to try to find the plastic corner that you used to attach the foam board to the iPad mini and I did not find it. I asked the sales folks and they did not know of anything that they had that was anywhere close to what I described.

Sorry to be so ignorant but could you tell me more about how the corner plastic is used in a shower installation so that I could better describe this to the sales folks at Home Depot?

Ot has anyone else found these plastic corners in any of the Big Box stores that could point me in the right direction as to where to find it?

Selection from a local hardware store.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/building-hardware/timber/mouldings/pvc

Hi Ian,

The extrusion I used is made to fit sheets of thin laminated wall board into a corner. It is used widely for lining the walls of bathrooms, showers or wet areas. I also purchased mine from Bunnings Warehouse in Christchurch, NZ. Bunnings is just a chain of home improvement stores in NZ & Australia but I'm absolutely positive that this same material will be available all around the world. It might be found in a more specialized store in your area, such as a plumbing supply store perhaps.

If you can't find it then let me know. I might be able to start exporting it to Inspire pilots all over the world and make MILLIONS!!! Mwahahaha (my Dr Evil laugh)

Hi Ian,

The extrusion I used is made to fit sheets of thin laminated wall board into a corner. It is used widely for lining the walls of bathrooms, showers or wet areas. I also purchased mine from Bunnings Warehouse in Christchurch, NZ. Bunnings is just a chain of home improvement stores in NZ & Australia but I'm absolutely positive that this same material will be available all around the world. It might be found in a more specialized store in your area, such as a plumbing supply store perhaps.

If you can't find it then let me know. I might be able to start exporting it to Inspire pilots all over the world and make MILLIONS!!! Mwahahaha (my Dr Evil laugh)

I have been to all the Canadian storers in my area,hardware stores, bathroom speciality shops, lowes and home depot. None of them carry the corner pieces:(

I've been to 5 hardware stores and not one carries Beck Beer. I'll keep looking! ;-)
Nice rig, thanks.

So I guess you all build bathrooms differently "down under". Nobody sells that in the states. Start cutting plastic you have a new career in hood exportation!

Great job... But I haven't been able to find those pieces here in the US either... :-(

Hi Ian,

You could make up kits and sell them on eby. I would be one of your coustomers :)

Reactions: diverreb
I might look into that. Small problem will be that you already know how much they cost to make!!

So you charge a little more for making the kits;). I gotta have one for the iPad Air 2. Have tried two different ones and not satisfied.:( Can't get the corner pieces in Canada. :mad:

Last edited:
I have a great rubber bumper case over my NVIDIA Shield which I really like. I just know I'll drop it outside someday (though I do have the Square Trade warranty--protects against user error drops and spills). BUT--the case I love so much prevents me from making something like this because it makes it so much fatter. I'm still looking..or..I can get over my cool rubber case. Oh....first world problems...what will I ever do?!?!:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo