Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Reality of Aerial Video

Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing, any guesstimate on what the budget might have been for the complete production of something like that?

Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing, any guesstimate on what the budget might have been for the complete production of something like that?
Not really. The shoot was over a 3 day period and had multiple sets and a crew of about 10 people. Parts of it were done on the cheap (no cost locations) and others not (the closed sets). I could guess but, I don't think I would be close.

Reactions: SanCap
Not really. The shoot was over a 3 day period and had multiple sets and a crew of about 10 people. Parts of it were done on the cheap (no cost locations) and others not (the closed sets). I could guess but, I don't think I would be close.

It is always hard to figure out what people are willing to pay for things like that (at least for me). And then how much time was spent editing? Who knows, thanks again.

It is always hard to figure out what people are willing to pay for things like that (at least for me). And then how much time was spent editing? Who knows, thanks again.
One of the greatest advantages I had on this shoot was all I supplied was raw video, no editing. I set up with an HDMI feed out of my RC to a Black Pearl monitor and the DPs just told me what they wanted while they watched on the BP. It was great to download the clip right on location to one of their production computers and ride into the sunset (except it's misted rain for two days in this shoot). I can tell you that flying in light rain is terrifying.

Reactions: SanCap
One of the greatest advantages I had on this shoot was all I supplied was raw video, no editing. I set up with an HDMI feed out of my RC to a Black Pearl monitor and the DPs just told me what they wanted while they watched on the BP. It was great to download the clip right on location to one of their production computers and ride into the sunset (except it's misted rain for two days in this shoot). I can tell you that flying in light rain is terrifying.

I strongly advise to my clients to buy their own micro SD cards to use in my X5 or X3 so I can just hand it over to them unless they want me to edit. The other option is to either upload the data to a drop box or google drive and allow them to download. Here in Florida as well as some other states if I only provide digital data online I do not have to charge sales tax. That may not seem like much but does prevent my small business from having to do quarterly reports.

Flying in light rain is terrifying and I will not do it, unless there is enough money from the job to pay for a couple of inspires :)

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters