USA This morning I passed my FAA Part 107 test

Reaction score
This morning I passed my FAA Part 107 test.
I had couple of weather questions, quite a few sectional chart questions, a few Lat/Long questions, a few METARs and airport/runway operations.

It took me about 3 weeks to study the material at my own pace, I did not enroll in any online courses.
I watched a few Youtube videos, I also spent $4.99 on an App I bought at the Apple store with test questions. I kept testing myself with the app until I consistently passed the moc test with 93%.

It is also important to note, that I took a free online course in IACARA's training website. The name of the course is "FAA Safety Aviation Learning Center Online Course" course number ALC-451. Again, the course is completely free and not a requirement to take the Part 107 test but it is recommended. When you complete they give you a completion certificate. I feel this course helped me quite a bit.

They give you 2 hours to complete the test, 60 questions total, I completed the test in an hour. I started answering all of the questions I knew the answers, I skipped and marked for later review the questions I was not sure of the answers. When I was done I went back to the top of the test to answer the ones I had skipped.

You are not allowed to bring a cell phone, I brought a basic function calculator however the proctor provided one. They provide a pencil, scratch paper and the sectional charts, Metars, Etc. At the end of the test they tell you score and total number of questions missed. I was asked if I wanted to review the questions I missed but was told flat out that I was not allowed to write them, btw they confiscated the scratched paper I used during the test.

My test was not easy but I was prepared.

The metar weather reports seem to be a good 10% of the test and it's a little silly since no one really uses those anymore (that I know of). I guess it's nice to know, but to have so many questions around that is not very productive. IMO they should've asked more questions about radio comms. When I got my Private Pilot cert, I learned how to fly within JFK ATC and it took me longer to get the hang of comms within that airspace than it did to learn to actually freakin fly..

Took my Part 107 yesterday and scored a 92, very happy with the outcome! They hit me with about 5 sectionals right off the bat and all easy to answer (towers and airspace) if you prepared. I had no Lat/Long questions, 2 METAR and 1 TAF and the rest was policies and procedures took me about 40 minutes to complete the exam. I spent about 1week preparing for the test using UAV Ground School as supplement. I also have previous experience with sUAS, I started a UAV program for a Federal Agency that self certifies pilots and that helped tremendously.

Reactions: kcobello
I took mine the first day it was available (the first one at that CATS center) and also scored a 92. I second UAV Ground School as it was helpful, especially the pre tests and quiz. I am launching a public safety program at work and we are sending all of our operators this route as well even though we can self certify.

Reactions: Advexure
Just took my test yesterday at Dunkirk Aviation, NY. (93%) . I was happy with the outcome, until the proctor told me a guy scored a 98% earlier..
I studied hard and believe in what the FAA is doing. Sort of limits the playing field commercially, I hope

I took mine yesterday...passed...barely! I did the RemotePilot 101 video based training over a 2 week period. I had several questions I had never saw before. I don't want to put RemotePilot 101 down because obviously without it I would have failed miserably. For me, I had to have the video based training and they do a really nice job with it. But I can't emphasize enough to take practice exams over and over again carefully reviewing the missed answers. I think had I spent more time doing that I would have had a better score. But bottom line is I passed!!