Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thoughts and hesitations buying used quad.

Reaction score
Any dangers or issues buying a used quad copter?
Besides the obvious, crashed.

There's a few on here that interest me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhg, what are we supposed to say?
I would never buy a used quad, especially after a crash, unless I never plan on flying it and only using it for parts.
Risk, everything, it crashed...

Not really, if you're using paypal for the transaction it's far easier for you to get your money back in the event that the sellers description is less than accurate. But I wouldn't buy a crashed one either, I doubt I would even buy it if it's been repaired.

I'm not saying any particular one has crashed, but that's something you never know, nor will anyone tell you.

Most sellers are asking within a few hundred of new, so I guess no sense buying used.

From what I read, there was a few issues with the first build. How can one tell first or second build??

Even with the crappy exchange rate, it is still cheaper to buy online, from the USA. Any favourite retailers?

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
version a is checkered carbon fiber
version b is military style carbon fiber

I've heard theres version C & D but I think these are just in relation to the prop system. I think all inspires shipping now should have the quick release system.

Are there any issues registering the bird to a new owner in the Pilot app if it was already connected to someone else before?

I'm not saying any particular one has crashed, but that's something you never know, nor will anyone tell you.

Most sellers are asking within a few hundred of new, so I guess no sense buying used.

From what I read, there was a few issues with the first build. How can one tell first or second build??

Even with the crappy exchange rate, it is still cheaper to buy online, from the USA. Any favourite retailers?

Hey Kenny!!
Yes copter shop in Washington..
They're outstanding!!
Stay away from all e rc..
Turbo...

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Just ordered a unit from droneshopcanada.ca
Made me a deal I couldn't refuse.
Single controller and two extra 5700 batteries.

Anybody have close up photos of those two stlyes of carbon?
from a previous thread
79dFxr3.jpg

ymSXEWA.jpg

Just ordered a unit from droneshopcanada.ca
Made me a deal I couldn't refuse.
Single controller and two extra 5700 batteries.

What numbers did you manage? Pm me please if you rather not say in an open forum.

Are there any issues registering the bird to a new owner in the Pilot app if it was already connected to someone else before?

I'm pondering this , and still searching , because I have a used Inspire 1 V2 coming next week. I know for my P3p's the log data etc seems to be linked to my account and the drone itself when I registered new.

If you crash a quad badly its pretty hard to hide the damage.

If the thing flies straight, looks straight and behaves as it should, there's no reason or logic to suggest anything is wrong, if it there is something wrong, it should be evident.Even if it had been crashed, you would not scrap a car if you put a dent in the door, replace the door and the car is fine. SO even if it had a bump, not the end of the world.

The only thing I'm really fussy with is batteries, I prefer to buy new.

I sold my phantom 2 last year, I can honestly say it was never crashed once and I would buy it back in a heartbeat, I just needed the money at the time to fund my X5.

As always look at the person flying it, do they seem like an idiot, do they fly so well when they demo it you don't think they would ever crash?

its nice to buy new, but there are some horror stories of drones and batteries failing in flight from new.
At least when a drone is semi used you know its reliable/ISH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips