Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TO/landing in small area...

Reaction score
OK a bit of a daft question/s, yes I can land on a small table easy, but I'm doing a job that will have a lot of other people around (yes under my control) but rather than descend at an angle or in tight circles, I need to come straight down into a coned-off area just for safety reasons and my own procedures.

So question, re prop wash/VRS etc, how fast a descent/ascend is too fast? Or is just slowly being the key? I practiced this over the last 2 days and didn't noticed any flight problems at various speeds, bringing the quad in/ascending to 30-50+ mtrs before descending/flying off to shoot.

Sorry, like I said a bit of a daft one, just wanted to know what others have found out. Thx for any help, cheers Mark

It depends on how much wind speed you have (wind blowing lessens the chances of VRS coming straight down as it blows the dirty air away)

I have to say though, in testing I have pretty much gone total left stick down with no right stick input and the Inspire is incredibly stable.

I would say if you are worried about VRS in a situation then bring it down at an angle to around 10-15ft then maneuver around until you are directly over landing spot, then come straight down slowly.

Many thanks, always use GPS when talking off or landing, cheers Mark
GPS is the answer....however practice without, also. With people standing around, you will have cell phones, WiFi devices, Radios from Police and anyone else, and other RF interference... So IMHO be prepared to lose GPS.

GPS is the answer....however practice without, also. With people standing around, you will have cell phones, WiFi devices, Radios from Police and anyone else, and other RF interference... So IMHO be prepared to lose GPS.

Yes agree many thanks, I also carry a RF analyser, it helps. Cheers Mark

Many thanks for all your replies, all went without a hitch, I was able to cone off a quiet area, have my "Beware UAV" signage up and it also helps briefing others as well at the start of flights, as opposed to flying in a park when people and dogs just turn up.

And in spite of the occasional gusty winds, close proximity to buildings, cars and people which were all under my control, it was fairly straight forward.

It makes life so much easier when people know you're in the air and what to expect, etc etc.

Thanks again, Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08