Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Today I shot...

Beautiful shot gruvpix!
May I ask - what camera are you using for this shot? And what software for grading?
This was shot with the X5R and edited on Lightroom mobile on my iPad. Went a little aggressive on the dehaze effect so it doesn't scale too well... first time using Lightroom mobile and it's pretty slick, despite no HDR or panorama merge options.

For these shots we were stationed at two points. One was at ground level on the north side of the lions gate. The other location was at the lighthouse at Stanley park. Since we have a standing sfoc, all we do is file for approval with harbour tower. They are pretty good to work with. The plan was to get shots of the ship at Canada place but were restricted by time. They gave us till 7am sharp to get the shots in the harbour anything after that we would have to be west of the lions gate. We just shot at port of Vancouver the last two days and are flying the lions gate again today. It takes a lot of planning but if all your stuff is in order harbour tower is quite reasonable to work with
Where were you positioned to take the shots? Were you on the ship or on the east point of Stanley Park?
Was it difficult to get the approval? I've been wanting to take shots at VRC during early morning rowing practice but obviously need approval from CHX

Reactions: gruvpix
One of my first usable images from the I1. Still wrestling its controls.

So, nothing too outstanding yet. ND filter coming this week. Still trying to get it to -1 ev as it seems to over expose on its own.

Overview shot of Racine County Line Rifle Club (am a member). Shows Skeet/Trap fields on the north side (left). Archery area (slight wooded area to the east (back). 100m covered range far back left. 500yd range center. 25yd and 70yd ranges at the far end of that. And to the right, the longest shooting range in Southern Wisconsin, 600yd (which is where I shoot the most). And in the distance, Lake Michigan.

Wanted to add a ground reference video. Here is a video shot of me shooting on the 600yd at a 4"x5" steel target about the size of an index card. I was back beyond the lower left of the photo above in this video:

And here shooting a texas star with a Sig P226EE on the 70yd:

Last edited:
Here is a sunset video timelapse I created from last nights sunset using the Inspire 2 and a 12mm lens, 7-31-17. This was taken over Sanibel Island, Florida, you can see Tarpon Bay and Pine Island sound.

How long was the actual 1x video and what rate did you speed it up. I like the rate you ran this at. Many either do them way too fast or a bit too slow for my tastes.

How long was the actual 1x video and what rate did you speed it up. I like the rate you ran this at. Many either do them way too fast or a bit too slow for my tastes.

The original video was almost 14 minutes long I trimmed it to about 10 minutes or so and sped it up 1000% in Final Cut Pro X. The clouds were moving along pretty nicely, I had the I2 in tripod mode and was traveling towards the sunset at about 2 mph. Those are raindrops on the lens towards the end, I barely made it home before a downpour began.

Reactions: Wolfiesden
14m Ouch. Not sure I can keep my I1r up that long. P3P, yea, no prob but the I1 has a far shorter flight time I am noticing. Probably because of the heavy X5R camera. I think the rated flight time is 15m and no way you can actually get that in the real world (not sure where DJI gets their numbers).

I didn't even notice the forward travel on the bird! Very subtle. Nicely done.

You have me curious. Tripod mode?

Reactions: SanCap
14m Ouch. Not sure I can keep my I1r up that long. P3P, yea, no prob but the I1 has a far shorter flight time I am noticing. Probably because of the heavy X5R camera. I think the rated flight time is 15m and no way you can actually get that in the real world (not sure where DJI gets their numbers).

I didn't even notice the forward travel on the bird! Very subtle. Nicely done.

You have me curious. Tripod mode?

Tripod Mode is a feature on the Go 4 App that allows the operators to adjust maximum/minimum speeds at full stick defection, making it easy to maintain a constant speed.

Tripod Mode is a feature on the Go 4 App that allows the operators to adjust maximum/minimum speeds at full stick defection, making it easy to maintain a constant speed.

Nice feature. I don't actually fly with go and the latest I allow on my devices is a 3.x version (firewalled and sandboxed). Hopefully Litchi will implement this feature eventually.

Sancap, did you create that from the Go4 720/1080p preview file or from the I2's sd file? Reason for asking is the vimeo video is showing some interference artifacts - similar to those that appear on the tablet feed!

I was hoping someone would notice that issue. I have been trying to duplicate that to see what may have caused it. That video was created from 4k @60FPS from the sd card, I was using the 5.5" Crystalsky monitor. So far I can not get it to happen again. It is quite possible I had some static buildup or the camera is failing, I will be testing it more today. Here is a screen grab of one of the larger glitches. I should probably start another thread somewhere else.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.41.19 PM.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oharac