Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Torque wrench ??

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a newb to Inspire.
I've been reading about a torque wrench for the motors and prop mounts . where do I get one that small ?
I did do a search on torque wrench but can't find anything on the forum.
All your help is much appreciated.

Our techs use all steel bits for all of our powered drivers. This bit set on Amazon looks nice and only includes torx bits. You would either use these with a regular bit handle or powered driver.

This precision tool kit includes the necessary torx bits along with many other tools that can be helpful for different repair/maintenance needs.

Your propeller mounts on your motors don't need replacing often, we typically hear every 6 months but that all depends on flight time and wear on your mounts. You must be extremely careful removing these when/if you ever need to. Most folks end up stripping them because they don't warm the screws to loosen up the Loctite. Some pilots choose fix mounted props which require removal of the stock quick-release mounts.

Proceed with all stock removal with caution to avoid any damage that can void factory warranty.

Hey guys, I'm a newb to Inspire.
I've been reading about a torque wrench for the motors and prop mounts . where do I get one that small ?
I did do a search on torque wrench but can't find anything on the forum.
All your help is much appreciated.

If you want to torque them you need a Torque Driver (not a wrench). I have the WIHA Variable Torque driver I bought some time ago from Amazon. Then I set it for .75nm for the prop locks. Its a great tool, but not cheap. Most people probably don't torque things. I do if I know the correct specs (.5nm to .8nm for the prop locks). You use the standard 1/4 inch bits on this tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk