Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tried to update my X5, now it's bricked.

Yeah, I got mine back about 2 weeks ago. It was a 2-week turn around from me sending it in to getting it back. All done for free and my X5 was a pre-order so one of the earliest.

Yeah, I got mine back about 2 weeks ago. It was a 2-week turn around from me sending it in to getting it back. All done for free and my X5 was a pre-order so one of the earliest.
what are you using as a screen? Ipad? Android? I got a Ipad 2 Mini

IPad Mini 2, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 Plus depending on what I'm doing.
Cool.. caus Ive seen lots of people having video issues and blaming it on the processing power of the device. The video transmission is it stable as in no breaks in video

It's fine with all the devices. The iPad Mini 2 is the worst but still very usable if hardware decode is turned on.

An old post now but this happened to me last week. Everything was done correctly but it appears that it got bricked during the firmware update.... Sent it in to DJI after them telling me that it had been authorised for a repair and within three hours of them telling me they have received it they sent me a pro-forma invoice for 330 Euros! The main board they say! Even though it worked perfectly before the firmware and it gave me no choice but to update the firmware on it!

Awaiting their response now but not impressed at the moment.

An old post now but this happened to me last week. Everything was done correctly but it appears that it got bricked during the firmware update.... Sent it in to DJI after them telling me that it had been authorised for a repair and within three hours of them telling me they have received it they sent me a pro-forma invoice for 330 Euros! The main board they say! Even though it worked perfectly before the firmware and it gave me no choice but to update the firmware on it!

Awaiting their response now but not impressed at the moment.

I realize this thread has been around for long time. What happened in your situation? My Inspire worked fine, but when I updated it (due to app saying firmware update required), I lost image transmission from the X5, so I tried to update that and now it's bricked. DJI says the firmware is fine and didn't cause the issue. Our drone was old and barely got usage, but I was trying to use it for a project and was tired of seeing the update messages. Now, I'm stuck with a paperweight unless I want to pay almost $400 US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime