Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK I1 owners

I see there are a few guys from Cornwall on here. Any interest in a meet up? Are you guys hobbyists or commercial? If commercial I'd be interested to hear you use case.

I see there are a few guys from Cornwall on here. Any interest in a meet up? Are you guys hobbyists or commercial? If commercial I'd be interested to hear you use case.

Yeah I'm keen for a meet up. By any chance did you do your PFAW with Resource Group up in Cwmbran? My name's Mike and I was with Matt from Aerial Cornwall.

Hi Mike, Yep, that's me. I keep in touch with Matt a bit. I know a couple of the established aerial imagery companies down here fly Inspires as part of their fleets. I'm near 'druth, for my sins.
@tubaornottuba - nice gallery!

Hi Mike, Yep, that's me. I keep in touch with Matt a bit. I know a couple of the established aerial imagery companies down here fly Inspires as part of their fleets. I'm near 'druth, for my sins.

Ah nice, yeah we should definitely meet up. Id love to see these other Octocopters Matt mentioned you were building. Ill PM you so we don't hyjack this thread.

Thank you! I forgot I'd even added my flickr account to this.
I'd be interested in a meetup if you are planning one, I'm always looking to learn from more experienced pilots/photographers/videographers (which for me is basically anyone!).

Flat old Lincolnshire here
Hi Kev,
Welcome to the forum.
Just a quick heads up - I'm afraid you cannot advertise as being able to offer aerial services since it appears you do not hold PFAW authorisation from the CAA. I had a quick check (as I do with everybody) under both your name and company name neither of which appears in the CAA listing.
I'm afraid doing so is not only against the law but also means you will not be commercially insured for aerial work which is mandatory for holders of PFAW.

If I am wrong, I apologise but I cannot see any reference to your permissions granted on your website.

Thank You.

Hello UK I1 owners

I'm based in Herefordshire and am just getting started with my I1 - are there any other I1 owners nearby/West Midlands?

Do we have a list of current UK I1 owners anywhere? Are there any other UK I1 forums?

Hereford here Graham - just joined this forum. Where do you tend to fly? Lugg Flats is getting boring

How do you check for PFAW's held or not? Is it a public list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you!! Glad to see my company up there.... Is there a list of pilots too...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kev,
Welcome to the forum.
Just a quick heads up - I'm afraid you cannot advertise as being able to offer aerial services since it appears you do not hold PFAW authorisation from the CAA. I had a quick check (as I do with everybody) under both your name and company name neither of which appears in the CAA listing.
I'm afraid doing so is not only against the law but also means you will not be commercially insured for aerial work which is mandatory for holders of PFAW.

If I am wrong, I apologise but I cannot see any reference to your permissions granted on your website.

Thank You.

Dear Editor,

I must confess that at first I was annoyed at your response as I believed that your response went beyond the responsibilities of being an editor of the DJI Inspire Forum. However, then I saw the dog avatar I realised you must be a dog owner and hence not a bad person, but just someone trying to help for which I am grateful.

Anyway I believe you have made some wrong assumptions which I would like to clarify.

1, as far as we are aware it is not illegal to offer Aerial photography and video on a company Website. Aerial photography and video is not solely conducted by Drones but can also be from fixed wing aircraft, helicopters and telescopic masts and cranes.

2, 1-4-U Media Services is a limited company which employs the relevant qualified staff, (Be it in the UK or abroad), as and when needed. Hence we do not claim any permission’s granted in our name from the CAA on our website, (That would be illegal). Our clients at present are mainly international marine shipping companies, contacts made from my old employment, hence so far all of our commercial work has been conducted outside UK territorial waters and is not under the jurisdiction of the CAA.

3, we are obviously aware of CAA requirements and regulations within the UK particularly CAP393 (paras 166 and 167 where UAVs are concerned) CAP722 and the requirements for PFAW and would not employ an un-licenced operator or engage in such work ourselves without the required permissions. Media companies work on their reputation, aerial work is only a small part of our operation, hence we would not be so stupid.

I hope this answers you concerns

Brgds Kev

Reactions: SimonMW
I agree with Kev. I have a PFAW, but other companies who don't hire my services. That's how the industry works. The CAA do not have any control over who can advertise aerial services. They can only enforce the rules for people who actually physically fly for commercial gain without a PFAW. They control the UK airspace, not the commercial video world! So if a company wishes to say that they can provide aerial services but hire in a company with a PFAW to carry out that work, then this is perfectly legal. If it wasn't the CAA would need to prosecute pretty much every approved UAV operator in the country! We wouldn't be able to make any money unless we were hired in by third parties, and every production company who hires us in who uses our footage in the videos would also be arrested!

Thanks Simon, will do. Havent flown it yet. Am still looking for a suitable safe area with lots of open space to practice. Few and far between round these parts unfortunately

Reactions: russkn87

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan