Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK I1 owners

I'm in Reading, Berks. Working towards PfAW - passed the test a while back.

I want to apply for a PfAW soon... I'd say I'm a very competent pilot, I've flown Phantoms & Inspires for approx 1.5 years. I want to be able to fly, film & get paid for commercial footage - hard to describe but cost aside - how *difficult* is it to achieve success for the average person? I'm worried about the cost vs. failure rate!

I want to apply for a PfAW soon... I'd say I'm a very competent pilot, I've flown Phantoms & Inspires for approx 1.5 years. I want to be able to fly, film & get paid for commercial footage - hard to describe but cost aside - how *difficult* is it to achieve success for the average person? I'm worried about the cost vs. failure rate!
Hi,

Please see my thread here UK based Flight Training School/Academy | DJI Inspire Forum

I am having hopefully final meetings with the venue next Monday morning and then I expect to be able to post up some dates when courses will be available.

Where in the country are you located?

Reactions: russkn87
Thanks for your reply, I'm based near Whitstable, South East England. I'll take a look at your thread!
OK, I may have misread your thread into thinking you were asking how difficult it is to achieve PFAW (which is what my course is aimed at) rather than how difficult is it to achieve success in the UAV industry. :(

Reactions: russkn87
OK, I may have misread your thread into thinking you were asking how difficult it is to achieve PFAW (which is what my course is aimed at) rather than how difficult is it to achieve success in the UAV industry. :(
No you didn't - you read correctly! I meant that of course the licence is relatively expensive to obtain as well as the necessary training, I was just wondering if it is difficult to pass. Trying to weigh up if it is worth it for me to become certified so I can take my UAV media further than a hobby.

No you didn't - you read correctly! I meant that of course the licence is relatively expensive to obtain as well as the necessary training, I was just wondering if it is difficult to pass. Trying to weigh up if it is worth it for me to become certified so I can take my UAV media further than a hobby.
Ah, in that case, that's exactly what my course is aimed at. For individuals who are a little wary about wanting to spend out circa £2,500 if they then decide 'Its not for them or find it too 'daunting'

Ah, in that case, that's exactly what my course is aimed at. For individuals who are a little wary about wanting to spend out circa £2,500 if they then decide 'Its not for them or find it too 'daunting'

OK brilliant! Is there a mailing list or something I can sign up to for future updates? I would most certainly be interested.

OK brilliant! Is there a mailing list or something I can sign up to for future updates? I would most certainly be interested.
Just go to the top of the other thread and click on 'Watch Thread' that way you will get a notification of any updates to that particular topic. :)

Hi, just got mine a few weeks ago and finding it hard to find places to fly. I would like to get some practice before my flight assessment.
Does anyone know of any good safe places to fly in the Essex area?
I'm near Loughton.
Thanks!

Flying out of liverpool , but hopefully going to get the Inspire out over Anglesey next week (if i can sort out my X3 or get hold of another one!!!!!!!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44