Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Insurance Campanies

Reaction score
My UAV Insurance is due for renewal this month, I am UK based. I am currently insured for £5M public liability and for all equipment whilst it is airborne. Renewal quote is £700 GBP. Can we start a discussion thread on insurance - best providers, recommendations, policy types, good/bad experiences etc etc - any help appreciated...

Reactions: likeaninja
I am insured with John Heath (UK) Ltd (www.coverdrone.com) in UK. Not had to make a claim so no experience of that side of things fortunately. Their policies seemed pretty flexible, too. Are you with them out of interest?

Here in Australia no insurance company will cover UAV's unless you've got a commercial licence ='(
It is the same in the UK. You must at least have completed your ground school with a CAA-approved NQE before you will be covered for UAV use. It is near impossible to get cover for private use except possibly through the model flying community.

Reactions: sirnikolas
It is the same in the UK. You must at least have completed your ground school with a CAA-approved NQE before you will be covered for UAV use. It is near impossible to get cover for private use except possibly through the model flying community.

BMFA membership (in UK) provides a basic level of cover for recreational use. You can also extended this for data, development and demonstration, and this membership and cover was recommended to have from other forums I've read, for the UK. See https://www.bmfa.org/Info/BMFA-Insurances/Insurance. They were very helpful in organising this and when I had some queries.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for suggestions. Chose cover from Coverdrone, as you say very flexible Axelz.... Thanks guys.

Reactions: axelz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44