Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK PFAW question.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question regarding PFAW in the UK.

I'm thinking ahead a bit but how does the following situation play out in reality.

Flying commercially on a job.
Duel remote setup.

Operator 1: has PFAW from the CAA and is piloting the Inspire.
Operator 2: does NOT have PFAW and is operating the camera via the slave remote.

Is this allowed?
Or do both operators have to have PFAW?

Is the situation changed if the operation is single remote and the camera is being operated by the second operator using a tablet?

Just a couple of options that could happen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Quick question regarding PFAW in the UK.

I'm thinking ahead a bit but how does the following situation play out in reality.

Flying commercially on a job.
Duel remote setup.

Operator 1: has PFAW from the CAA and is piloting the Inspire.
Operator 2: does NOT have PFAW and is operating the camera via the slave remote.

Is this allowed?
Or do both operators have to have PFAW?

Is the situation changed if the operation is single remote and the camera is being operated by the second operator using a tablet?

Just a couple of options that could happen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Hi Richard

It is the company or prime user that holds the PFAW. Under this only the Remote Pilot (RP) has to have passed the Ground School and Flight Assessment through a CAA-nominated NQE. Your Observer and/or Camera Operator just need to work in accordance with UAS OSC (Operations Manual) under the supervision of the RP who is responsible for the safe operation of the flight.

Your last scenario would not work. The camera operator for the Inspire 1 would require a slave RC with an iPad to operate the gimbal without interfering with the RP.

I hope that helps.

Thank you. That was what I assumed.

That is certainly the logical way to enforce the rule.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg