Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Stadiums added to GEO Beta Map

that's interesting... suddenly there are no fly zones all over the uk!
I also notice the Battersea Heliport isn't affected!
I know that one or two airlines use drones to make preliminary surveys sometimes... how would they get the zone unlocked for Gatwick for example? or if one was to be commissioned to make a survey of an airport building, what does one do then?

that's interesting... suddenly there are no fly zones all over the uk!
I also notice the Battersea Heliport isn't affected!
I know that one or two airlines use drones to make preliminary surveys sometimes... how would they get the zone unlocked for Gatwick for example? or if one was to be commissioned to make a survey of an airport building, what does one do then?
Unfortunately, in that case you are completely stuffed using DJI equipment.
This is why I mentioned above, that really it cannot be relied upon as a professional tool of work.
Outside of NFZ's it is a very capable piece of kit but DJI have unfortunately pandered to the FAA (and no doubt the CAA) and locked down its usage at certain locations.
I agree this should be the situation out of the box but for individuals like myself and many others who can show certification and permission from a countries aviation authority to work commercially than there should be a facility to disable the entire NFZ grid by serial number.

@Hugh4G @The Editor we need to be careful with the term NFZ. This really only applies in GEO to the NEW Restricted Zones - these cannot be unlocked. The Authorisation Zones can be unlocked through a far too easy unlocking procedure. These cover most airfields and the recently added Stadiums. The remainder are warning zones (2 types) which only warn if you want them too (new drop down menu in app).

Reactions: The Editor
Just been having a look at these GEO System map updates and noticed that the links to download the GEO Beta Go App and associated aircraft firmware are no longer there.

Nothing in the release notes to say it's now included in the latest GO app or latest aircraft firmware. Have I missed something? Or is this now limited to registered beta testers only?

Been thinking about getting a drone, and wondering about restrictions on flying close to my home, so, looking at the maps I have 4 overlapping no fly zones over the top of me which doesn't really surprise me living close to an airbase and having F-16s overhead most days.

Actually looking at the map again it's 5 areas! I have live fire ranges to the south and west of me and the airbase is just a few km to the east, the F-16s turn finals overhead my house - dependant on wind direction. I'm in Belgium btw.

What prompted me is my grandson is really into aircraft and I was thinking about his up coming birthday and getting something I can use to enhance my passion for photography. The local toy store sells some drones, not quite in the Phantom league but not far from them in size etc. and that got me thinking and researching, so thanks for the link to the DJI geo fencing maps. I've built and flown many R/C aircraft over the years but have not flown since I moved to Belgium 16 years ago.

To be clear all the stadiums are Yellow Authorisation zones so you still will be able to fly over after unlocking with geo.

I personally don't have an issue with with this, if your doing commercial work you will know in advance and just need to unlock the zone either onsite or before you leave.

All the red zones are airports looking at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1