Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ultrasonic Systems Error

Reaction score
I have not seen a recent post on this or a specific answer.

Was flying last week and got this "Ultrasonic systems error, return home immediately" shortly after switching to W mode from P mode, about 5 minutes into flight with 50% battery remaining. I did bring craft home okay and landed without problems. IMU and compass all in range both before flight and again after landing and battery change. Flew twice more and in W mode without problems. All firmware UTD on craft, controller, gimbal and batteries.

Should I be concerned? Thanks!

I have not seen a recent post on this or a specific answer.

Was flying last week and got this "Ultrasonic systems error, return home immediately" shortly after switching to W mode from P mode, about 5 minutes into flight with 50% battery remaining. I did bring craft home okay and landed without problems. IMU and compass all in range both before flight and again after landing and battery change. Flew twice more and in W mode without problems. All firmware UTD on craft, controller, gimbal and batteries.

Should I be concerned? Thanks!
Could be contamination (dirt) in one of the ultrasonic transducers that cleared itself - I wouldn't worry too much unless it repeatedly appears.

I had this a few weeks ago, in my case I had armed the motors and it was still sitting on the ground while I loaded up the battery screen. I saw the UTD error on the screen, next thing I heard was landing gear raising! It used the x3 camera as a jack! I killed the motors right away, the gear made it about half way up.

I'm not sure what caused it, as I disabled VPS shortly after as I do a lot of flying over water.

Ben

I had the same error. I took my inspire into the shop where I purchased it. They said to first try calibrating the IMU. I am not sure how the two are related, but I did so and I have not recieved the error again.

Reactions: TrumperyDust

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla