Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unable to turn off the drone.

Reaction score
Today I was part of something unexpected.

Was out flying with a friend, who wanted to see my new drone.

In the end, when I was about to pack up, I turned off the Inspire.
Took off the propellers and would put it in travel mode, so I started it up again.

Then I saw that I forgot to remove the camera, so I turned it off.
Removed the camera and turned it on again, to go down in the travel position.

Puts it into travel mode and try to turn it off, but it is not.
Surely holds on for 10-15 minutes trying to turn it off, before I gave up and took the battery out.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

Hopefully the button didn't go on you. I have never experience this but I have had weird feeling clicks. Does the button work now? Can you check the battery level with it?

The batterylevel check every time, but the signal to the drone to turn off don´t exist..

Has charge one of my other batteries and tried without any problems.
Has charged the battery I used at the time and tried that too.
The drone started up by itself as soon as I put in the battery, can go in and out of the travel mode, but can not turn it off.
The app does not read the battery percentage either.

Last edited:
Can you actually turn the battery on/off or are the LEDs on it always on?

Hmmm, sounds to me like a faulty battery. It definitely should not just come on when you plug it in to the inspire. Be careful with those terminals. If there is an issue where they are always on a short could be bad.

On the battery are the leds only on when you push the button, as usual.
No, they are also on anytime the battery is powered on and (normally) supplying current, hence my question. Can you not turn it off in the sense that LEDs stay on, or in the sense that they turn off but the I1 keeps running?

If it's the latter then the battery circuitry's toast and doesn't manage to cut power anymore.

No, they are also on anytime the battery is powered on and (normally) supplying current, hence my question. Can you not turn it off in the sense that LEDs stay on, or in the sense that they turn off but the I1 keeps running?

If it's the latter then the battery circuitry's toast and doesn't manage to cut power anymore.

Yes that's right .. :)

The drone starts flashing and the fan starts, but the LEDs on the battery does not light up until I press the button. The tail led is red all time after a while..

Was out and test flew around the garden and it works with the second battery..

I'm no expert but I do have some experience dealing with this type of situation. I have found that repeated hammer strikes will turn just about anything off. Let us know how it goes as I'm sure we are all eager to hear the results.

I'm no expert but I do have some experience dealing with this type of situation. I have found that repeated hammer strikes will turn just about anything off. Let us know how it goes as I'm sure we are all eager to hear the results.

Tried it this night, took a sledgehammer .. But it was perhaps too much?
Is there a warranty for this? :-/

Did you recently do a FW update?

No..

Reactions: OnAnotherLevel
Ok, do not know if this is related, but it seems to have arisen after battery problem occurred.

Has got problems with video transmission, both near and far distances.
It loses contact and I just gets lot of pixels, then it say´s it´s a weak signal in the app.

The Inspire can be 20m away and I got that weak signal message and it happens very often now,
after the battery broke. Before it was only sometime over long distances.
I´ll get the picture back in a few seconds..

Is a little afraid that the battery, that broke, has damaged some component for the video transmission.

An update

Received a call from the store and they said the battery was faulty and that I would get a new battery as soon as they enter the store.
They had no at home for the moment.

Still some problems with video transmission, but have read that there are more people who have it with the iPad's ..

I know some people say that after the most recent firmware update they get less drops. Did you do the update? Did you notice a difference?

Yes, I've done the update. It's better, but I have not gotten rid of the problem completely.
It's still pretty much breaks in transmission, but only when I is about 80m away and beyond.

Have got my new Cinemizers and tested them today.
Really good and are happy with them.

I compared the image transfer on both of them. The iPad loss transfer quite often, while Cinemizer glasses did not have any problems.
Clear picture one kilometer away, where I had to turn around because it started raining.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry