Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Uneven legs?

Reaction score
I just got my inspire back from the LA repair facility. It seems that one arm is longer or more pulled in than the other. On a flat surface the top of the legs look uneven and the body is tilted. The feet also seem to sit on the outside edge. As best as I am able to remember this was not the case before hand. Has anyone else seen this issue? or am I nuts?

I currently have the same issue after a 3 FT fall. I was flying on low battery and "go back to home point was triggered". I believe this happened at 15% battery level. Unfortunately when this happened I was in a bad location with a lot of over head tree's .

I managed to stopped the drone at a 3 FT height and then it crashed. My inspire 1 is pretty much ok. Except I noticed my leg alignment is now significantly tilted on one side. Unfortunately the props are also no longer symmetrically aligned on the drone since the legs on one side are now tilted and are not level on the ground. How can I fix the pitch angle of the legs on the inspire one so the feet sit firmly on the ground?

The props need to be Fully aligned other wise the drone will drift in flight and make for bad filming!

FYI - Nothing is cracked or bent on the main support arms. I just notice my drone is not flying as straight as it did before and does have a bit of drifting now when flying at a fixed point.

See attached photo showing prop shift! Noticed how the front right and rear right props are significantly elevated compared to the left (Toe is out). The legs on the left hand side are flat to the ground- these props I believe are correctly aligned and pitched.

Any idea's?

Attachments

• 20150920_204055.jpg
    20150920_204055.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 71
[QUOTE Any idea's?[/QUOTE]
This is relatively easy fix for anybody with basic skills and a set of Torx (or Allen, don't remember) wrenches. Just behind T-sleeve there's a clamping arm connecting thin strut tube with boom tube. Tightening screw is hidden behind DJI sticker. Remove sticker, loose the screw, rotate the boom tube so propellers tips are aligned, tighten the screw back with reasonable torque. Done! Rotate propellers to make sure they're not hitting any part of gimbal suspension system.

I just got my inspire back from the LA repair facility. It seems that one arm is longer or more pulled in than the other. On a flat surface the top of the legs look uneven and the body is tilted. The feet also seem to sit on the outside edge. As best as I am able to remember this was not the case before hand. Has anyone else seen this issue? or am I nuts?
Try here - Leg Alignment Issue's
The feet should actually sit slightly on their outside edge when in landing mode. That's the correct orientation.
As @Dobmatt mentions above - its an easy fix. :)

[QUOTE Any idea's?
This is relatively easy fix for anybody with basic skills and a set of Torx (or Allen, don't remember) wrenches. Just behind T-sleeve there's a clamping arm connecting thin strut tube with boom tube. Tightening screw is hidden behind DJI sticker. Remove sticker, loose the screw, rotate the boom tube so propellers tips are aligned, tighten the screw back with reasonable torque. Done! Rotate propellers to make sure they're not hitting any part of gimbal suspension system.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm just worried about the flight performance...do you think that will be affected?

I don't believe you'll be able to detect and compare (to what?) any noticeable flight anomalies with minor alignment issue. IMU system will take care of any slightly off center/off level/off plumb propelling forces of the drone, keeping her straight and steady. That's why you MUST perform IMU calibration after crash or hard landing. With drastically misaligned booms, however, props may collide with gimbal suspension assembly. Needless to say, the look is also important ...

I don't believe you'll be able to detect and compare (to what?) any noticeable flight anomalies with minor alignment issue. IMU system will take care of any slightly off center/off level/off plumb propelling forces of the drone, keeping her straight and steady. That's why you MUST perform IMU calibration after crash or hard landing. With drastically misaligned booms, however, props may collide with gimbal suspension assembly. Needless to say, the look is also important ...

I agree. I adjusted the legs to the original capacity and position. Next flight, I will perform an IMU and compass calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips