Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unofficial Inspire X5 compatible lens list

So, my first post on this forum: My Olympus 45 mm f 1.8 (on the list) arrived today and performed nearly flawlessly in ground and flight tests. Being a longer lens, though in a smaller form factor, it did produce intermittent jello in a light gusty wind, but in a hover that smoothed out and produced some really useful imagery. I was able to count people on a beach nearly a mile away hovering at 200 feet. No issues whatsoever with calibrating or controlling the lens. It worked straight out of the box, UV filter installed but hoodless, with no additional weights or tweaks. Based on the discussion here so far, I don't think changing the balance will improve the occasional jello. With a 23 degree FOV (compared to 94 on the factory lens), any and all motion is magnified; it just doesn't show with a wide lens, is my theory, since the angular deviations are so small. The flight and camera controls can be softened up to smooth things out a bit, and the payoff is an image that is pretty dramatic. It is like having a whole new system. I like. So far, very good. If I run into problems, I'll update this post.

Unofficial Inspire X5 compatible lens list. Compiled by a friend of mine and reposted with his permission. Thx Chnjab!

Dropbox - X5lenstesting.pdf

Great list. Thanks for your diligence. The Oly 14-42 caught my eye. Initial thinking says one must manually zoom the lens before takeoff to the desired zoom level. However, with the use of the DJI manual focus attachment, I'm wondering if there is a way to zoom in flight. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim
Concord, NH

I read somewhere that you can zoom in flight. On the other hand, I thought the same article said that the zoom lens was too large. Hard to balance, and it hit the gimbal because it was too big.

Re the Jello. This may not be due to the long lens. What shutter speed are you using? Go Pros get this problem badley, because they automatically select a high shutter speed. On an X5, just make sure you use 1/60 or 1/50 depending on whether you are In a PAL or NTSC area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool