Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updated Inspire but how do I update RC firmware to v01.02.01.06?

Reaction score
I updated the Inspire 1, gimbal and battery just fine, but when I put the update in the RC via SD card reader, it refuses to do anything. Any suggestions?

I updated the Inspire 1, gimbal and battery just fine, but when I put the update in the RC via SD card reader, it refuses to do anything. Any suggestions?
First of all Hello, and welcome to the forum!
Secondly, I have moved your thread to the 'Help' section.
Thirdly, I have changed your thread title to something more descriptive of the problem you have.
Fourthly.......
Yes - update via the Inspire.
Plug the RC into the camera via USB (don't connect a tablet)
Turn on RC.......Turn on Inspire.
Wait a few seconds and update will start.
Light on RC will turn green when complete.
Power down Inspire.
Power down RC.
Job done. :)

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I purchased my rc a couple months after my inspire and it wont take update either via usb reader,just tried this method and still wont take update, hurry up new firmware.....

Just a side note, the release notes included in the v01.02.01.06 release say:

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.2.1.03, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.

Just a side note, the release notes included in the v01.02.01.06 release say:

Users may skip updating the remote controller if they have already updated the firmware to v1.2.1.03, as the latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller.
I tried to update my rc but it didn't so I figure it had up to date firmware. .
batteries and ac updated from 1.2.1.03 to 01.02.01.06 with no issues. .

Reactions: PB30X
Hi, can anyone tell me how I can check if the firmware is up to date on my RC. I have just purchased a dual package and have managed to update my drone and one RC. The other one has not responded in the required way. No blue light, no green light! Is it possible that it's firm ware is up to date?

Hi, can anyone tell me how I can check if the firmware is up to date on my RC. I have just purchased a dual package and have managed to update my drone and one RC. The other one has not responded in the required way. No blue light, no green light! Is it possible that it's firm ware is up to date?
Hey Henny. .
welcome to inspirepilots.com. ...
open the ".txt" file after update ..
result fail = failed
results successful =successful
results abort= means it has already updated..
I'm pretty sure that if you plug in the sd card to your rc and nothing happens it doesn't need an update. .
Another way to tell is turn on your inspire with both rc's connected and then check your aircraft status and the app will tell you if you're up to date or not...

Hey Henny. .
result fail = failed
I'm pretty sure that if you plug in the sd card to your rc and nothing happens it doesn't need an update. .
Another way to tell is turn on your inspire with both rc's connected and then check your aircraft status and the app will tell you if you're up to date or not...
Hey Henny. .
result fail = failed

Thank you very much for your information. I did exactly as you said and it looks like the firmware is already up to date!
Thanks again.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo