Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrade faliure

Reaction score
When upgrading the AC to 1.3.0 i got failure, constant beep from gimbal after about 25 minutes. Restarted the AC to upgrade again, no upgrade started and it seems like the upgrade went through ok anyway. Continued with RC and no error. Everything says latest firmware and first flight had no problem at all.

Anyone seen this before? Should i worry thats something isn't right?

I did the upgrade (plus RC and 4 other batteries) yesterday and all went well. Decided to do an IMU calibration today before the next flight - I haven't flown for a week. When I turned on the I1 I received an error message in the app stating under Overall Status on the Aircraft State display, saying that there was a problem and to repeat the upgrade. I got the continuous beeping you described before I repeated the upgrade. All seemed well again after the upgrade until I reloaded my usual SD card, which had an "old" .bin file and other upgrade files on it, and the I1 wouldn't connect to the RC. I then tried another SD card and all went well. I then reformatted the troublesome SD card and all worked well with it. I appreciate this is slightly different to your situation but from now on I will be upgrading with an otherwise empty SD card and flying with SD cards that have no upgrade files on them. I feel that if the app says Normal for Overall Status, the IMU has been calibrated and the sensors give appropriate readings you should be good to go.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
When upgrading the AC to 1.3.0 i got failure, constant beep from gimbal after about 25 minutes. Restarted the AC to upgrade again, no upgrade started and it seems like the upgrade went through ok anyway. Continued with RC and no error. Everything says latest firmware and first flight had no problem at all.

Anyone seen this before? Should i worry thats something isn't right?
I had exactly the same experience when upgrading mine 2 nights ago but my app on my ipad told me to power cycle the craft. Upon restart, I got a much louder constant beeping from the craft, after a few minutes, the upgrade continued and then finished OK.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I had exactly the same experience when upgrading mine 2 nights ago but my app on my ipad told me to power cycle the craft. Upon restart, I got a much louder constant beeping from the craft, after a few minutes, the upgrade continued and then finished OK.

Mine did not start anything after reboot, and after upgrading all batteries now all seems to be ok, i always leave the bin file on the card and the txt file says that AC has correct firmware, so its does check that everytime i start the AC. So, everything seems ok, but as always one wonder what side effects it may have:)

I did the upgrade (plus RC and 4 other batteries) yesterday and all went well. Decided to do an IMU calibration today before the next flight - I haven't flown for a week. When I turned on the I1 I received an error message in the app stating under Overall Status on the Aircraft State display, saying that there was a problem and to repeat the upgrade. I got the continuous beeping you described before I repeated the upgrade. All seemed well again after the upgrade until I reloaded my usual SD card, which had an "old" .bin file and other upgrade files on it, and the I1 wouldn't connect to the RC. I then tried another SD card and all went well. I then reformatted the troublesome SD card and all worked well with it. I appreciate this is slightly different to your situation but from now on I will be upgrading with an otherwise empty SD card and flying with SD cards that have no upgrade files on them. I feel that if the app says Normal for Overall Status, the IMU has been calibrated and the sensors give appropriate readings you should be good to go.
I upgraded last night but know I can't find the IMU and Mod values screen. Can someone tell me where they put them?

Sure. Hit the menu button (top right corner).
In the window that appears, hit the top button on the left (the quadcopter looking icon) which is 'MC Settings'
Scroll down. You will see 'Sensors'. Click 'Sensors'. There you go.

Sure. Hit the menu button (top right corner).
In the window that appears, hit the top button on the left (the quadcopter looking icon) which is 'MC Settings'
Scroll down. You will see 'Sensors'. Click 'Sensors'. There you go.
Thanks

You get a 10 second warning and period to cancel return to home when it happens, so just use that feature.

You get a 10 second warning and period to cancel return to home when it happens, so just use that feature.
Oh thanks. I've done that before. I thought there was something on the Ap that let me do it before take off
Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool