Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrade firmware??? How

Reaction score
I have my pilot app downloaded onto my Ipad now it needs remote control upgrade and aircraft update what next
Anyone able to help
Thanks

Ok so far I have the pilot app on my iPad all is well it is saying I need updates so firmware is that upload able with iPad or do I have to do like I did with the pilot app on my pc?

Last edited:
Nejo -- you need your PC to download the firmware, and to extract it from the .ZIP file.
once extracted, you copy the extracted firmware payload ( a single file called WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16.BIN ) to the top level folder of your micro SD card.

I have a USB adapter that you stick the card into and then it mounts essentially similar to a thumb drive. once you have copied the payload over you put the micro SD card back in the camera and boot up the aircraft. if your app is running and your remote is turned on as well then you get progress reports on the app, but folks say it is not required.

you do this dance for every battery you have. some of the firmware payload is the smarts in a smart battery

sometimes the firmware update needs applying to the remote controller as well. you can either connect the camera to the remote (while leaving it on the bird, and leaving the bird powered on), or you can copy the firmware payload to a thumbdrive, and stick that in the remote USB slot before turning it on.

Just read the document listed above by joola. It's pretty straightforward.
It never ceases to amaze me that with such an expensive product, people don't read the manuals.

Reactions: nuff77
.....It never ceases to amaze me that with such an expensive product, people don't read the manuals.

Really?..... How about BMW or Mercedes or Range Rover owners???:D How many of those do you see driving about with their phone stuck to their ear because they are too stupid/ignorant to read the effing manual and connect handsfree via blutooth :mad::mad::mad:

There is nothing pre-loaded on the card - you need to add the files as described above.

Maybe this will help;

Have you unzipped the files from the firmware package you downloaded? They should all be in the root of the card, not in a folder.

Really?..... How about BMW or Mercedes or Range Rover owners???:D How many of those do you see driving about with their phone stuck to their ear because they are too stupid/ignorant to read the effing manual and connect handsfree via blutooth :mad::mad::mad:

Fair point

To update my controllers I used a memory stick with no issues. I used the card that came with the inspire to update the craft and also had no issues. I completely cleared both memory devices, dragged the unzipped file into both of them. Updated craft then updated controls. Not sure if that helps at all but that's how I did it. Hope it works for you.

Edit because.... Spelling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop