Upgrading from P3P - Pre-Ordered Inspire 1 with Zenmuse X5

Reaction score
Since the day I got the P3P I was disappointed with both its video and photographic capabilities. In post it was a real pain to color grade and fix the source footage to any usable degree.

So DJI finally found a way for me to open my wallet again; the min the Zenmuse X5 reveal came out I pre-ordered an Inspire 1. I am hoping the bitrate for the X5 gets raised to at least 100Mbs, but since I usually only shoot 1080P I don't think the bitrate will be a problem. Of course the compression they use is still worrisome but I was willing to take the risk. At the very least the 16MP stills with that sensor should be a huge improvement over the P3P.

I have about 3 major projects lined up and they all involve launching from a boat so I will be putting the I1 to work the day I get it. I've promised my customers commercial grade footage, and I really hope the X5 does not let me down.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Hi, If you don't mind me asking, what price did you get on your Inspire 1? The reason I ask is that I have a 'New In Box' Inspire 1 with Single Controller For Sale. $2675 shipped...

Figured I could save you some money if you are interested..

Thanks,
Chris Ward

Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered everything, Inspire 1, dual controllers, 6 batteries, Go Professional case; on Amazon the Inspire 1's with a single controller and X3 are going for $2749.00 but I didn't see the point in paying for an extra X3 camera which I will never use.

I paid 4499.00 for the Inspire 1 and ZX5 only, so that works out to being $500.00 cheaper than buying your offer and then having to buy the stabilizer bracket and camera.

Last edited:
They can't ship this fast enough! Im ready to buy one of these new cameras.

I just hope it lives up to the hype. Have yet to see RAW video footage from the I1, but with that sensor it has to be better.