Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrading to CineDNG/ProRes AFTER purchase?

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this question has already been asked; I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. Anyways, I currently have an Inspire 2 and am now able to afford the cost of a CinemaDNG/ProRes license. Question is, does the Inspire 2 that I ordered about a year and a half ago already have the capabilities/components pre-loaded or do I need to send my I2 back to DJI for any work? And how would a potential buyer down the line know that my I2 actually has those licenses unlocked if it doesn't have the little stick on the side of the MC? Thanks in advance all!

Hi @Tenyouken, welcome to the forum. Good questions, see below.

Q1) Does the Inspire 2 that I ordered about a year and a half ago already have the capabilities/components pre-loaded or do I need to send my I2 back to DJI for any work?

A1) Yes, CinemaDNG and ProRes Licenses are non-tangible and simply are loaded to the CineCore image processor the aircraft to unlock being able to shoot in CinemaDNG and ProRes. When recording in either of these codecs, you do have to record to a CINESSD as opposed to a micro SD. So you would need to purchase Inspire 2 CINESSDs and a CINESSD Reader (USB or Thunderbolt 3).

You can purchase either the ProRes License or CinemaDNG License on their own, or you can purchase both ProRes + CinemaDNG together (saves you $200). These can only be purchased from the DJI online store and are not available here at Advexure or other dealer sales channels.

Q2) How would a potential buyer down the line know that my I2 actually has those licenses unlocked if it doesn't have the little stick on the side of the MC?

A2) When you connect the Inspire 2 to DJI Assistant 2 and navigate to the LICENSE tab, it will show what licenses are active on the aircraft. This is the same area where you will activate your licenses once you have purchased them from the DJI online store.

Safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: Tenyouken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy