Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

v1.0 of iOS app

so you avoid using a company cause they told you apple doesnt allow video in on an ipad BWHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Maybe you don't need to, but we're asking you to. People are just asking for proof of a claim.

I too have read many individuals posting on forums that Apple doesn't allow video in, which I'll admit, when posted en masse gives the impression that it is truth. However, I haven't seen the Apple contract or T&C that clearly outlines that the company of Apple does not allow it. Logic seems to suggest that it most certainly does outline this rule somewhere, otherwise I suspect there would be many more apps with the video-in feature. However, if you pompously declare that it is fact, while simultaneously denying to provide documentation or resource for your claim, then it discredits you and your claim.

Furthermore, your childish banter, poor grammar, and behavior in general gives a poor impression to all readers here. Never forget, the internet is forever. You might want to remove your affiliations with Clear Sky Studios from your account, including that logo as your avatar. I know if I Googled CSS as a potential business partner and happened upon any of your drivel I would take it as a direct representation of Clear Sky Studios' thoughts, personality, and intellect; absolutely avoid.

Both of you need to just get back to the Inspire. Calling people out like this is just as stupid and childish so both stop. Back to helping People Fly.

i dont need to walk you through reading the guide lines apple has stated it so many fing times to developers its sad people like you dont believe it.
Well to be fair, I tried to look up any developer agreements and couldn't find anything, much less in regards to Video over USB, so at the very least, you could provide a link that you seem to have handy (since you know them so well).

do you think im trying to troll you??/
You may not be trolling, but you're seriously being a troll with your uncalled-for, inflammatory responses. You may very well be right, but all we've asked for is a way to read this ourselves; something that you can very easily provide, since you are the one that made the claim. It's very basic etiquette.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rig
Upon further searching, I've come across two documents. One is titled Registered Apple Developer Agreement (Revision 03/2010; probably irrelevant), the other is the iOS Developer Program License Agreement (Revision 06/2013).

Neither addresses any specific limitations regarding 'Video over USB.' The closest it ever comes to it is defining what MFi licensing is. It makes a reference to the 30-pin connector, but not Lightning, so it may be old, but certainly doesn't hold up to your claim that it's been there since 2008.

Further, if MFi certification is indeed what DJI needs, I don't see 'video input' under What types of accessories and technologies are not part of the MFi Program?

So frankly, while we can all agree that DJI may have broken the spirit of the Enterprise Licensing, assuming Apple doesn't hold a grudge, I have yet to see anything that would expressly prohibit them from being accepted, if they jump through all the proper hoops.

i dont need to walk you through reading the guide lines apple has stated it so many fing times to developers its sad people like you dont believe it. do you think im trying to troll you??
Yes, that's what you're doing. I have gone through the entire current published app store guidelines and there is no such thing.
So until you show us where it is, you're the one talking BS.

Guys - Could we get back on topic please rather than postulate whether Apple do or whether Apple don't?

My original (and subsequent) question was where the hell are we in the pipeline for approval?

It is irrelevant speculating 'it might be this' or 'it might be that' we are in a very simple situation:

• We do not have an Apple iOS app that is supported
  • Where are we in the certification process
  • What is the estimated timeline to publication

That's it!

25 posts and counting on this thread and neither Blade or Ed have contributed........ guys some communication would be nice.

I am awaiting a response from Frank Wang but I do not hold out much hope. Oh and don't forget, most of China will shut down at the end of this week so even if DJI are working away like Santa's Elves on Christmas Eve I wouldn't expect anything before March! Same goes for firmware updates as well :(

Guys - Could we get back on topic please rather than postulate whether Apple do or whether Apple don't?

My original (and subsequent) question was where the hell are we in the pipeline for approval?

It is irrelevant speculating 'it might be this' or 'it might be that' we are in a very simple situation:

• We do not have an Apple iOS app that is supported
  • Where are we in the certification process
  • What is the estimated timeline to publication

That's it!

25 posts and counting on this thread and neither Blade or Ed have contributed........ guys some communication would be nice.

I am awaiting a response from Frank Wang but I do not hold out much hope. Oh and don't forget, most of China will shut down at the end of this week so even if DJI are working away like Santa's Elves on Christmas Eve I wouldn't expect anything before March! Same goes for firmware updates as well :(

The Apple approval process is pretty much a black box. I wouldn't expect DJI employees to know anything more than they have already shared: submitted, awaiting approval. Unless it's been rejected as was rumored elsewhere and they have modifications to make.

I'm not a hugely vindictive, but I'd like to send a big ol' "Eat it" to the ones who were being forcefully negative.

On-topic: this is great news, and I just hope that future updates will go a little more smoothly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rig and DustyVisor
OMG the sky is falling...it will be years until the app gets approved....

...oh wait, they released the iOS...now I am happy....

I used 1.0 today, looks good.

Noticed one thing with my IOS setup, the 1.0 had some video chip and lag. More then with .9.2. But it was my first flight of the day and i only have one battery and it was 30 Deg F today here in Boston.

In general, DJI did make some major improvements and features to v1.0.....

DJI, Keep them coming!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla