Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vehicle mount Inspire 2

Hey!
I really appreciate all the info you've posted and I'm very impressed! I recently crashed my inspire 2 so i'm planing on doing the same thing. What do i need to know before? in the crash one arm got broken off just by the motor, probably cut off the antenna wire, will it still work? Maybe i can buy new antennas with the same connector?

Looks like you have just drilled two bolts thru the botton for mounting, is that correct?

Thanks in advance and keep doing what you're doing, i love it!

//Best regards Kasper
Well, you'll need antennas (all 4 of them) custom mounted to a fuselage in order to remotely communicate with camera. Antennas itself are mounted in legs and connected with wires going to a Cinecore module. Wires are terminated with plugs on both ends, these must be pulled out thru motor booms and arms. Warning: these wires are delicate and must be re-installed in particular order, antenna pads must remain in the same configuration as well (mark them, take snapshots etc.). Similar shorter wires are available, i.e. M600 parts. The system may protest as not being able to detect ESC boards, motors, landing gear servo, OA sensors etc. You'll receive tons of warnings ...

Is she still alive, anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Sky
Hey!
I really appreciate all the info you've posted and I'm very impressed! I recently crashed my inspire 2 so i'm planing on doing the same thing. What do i need to know before? in the crash one arm got broken off just by the motor, probably cut off the antenna wire, will it still work? Maybe i can buy new antennas with the same connector?

Looks like you have just drilled two bolts thru the botton for mounting, is that correct?

Thanks in advance and keep doing what you're doing, i love it!

//Best regards Kasper
You will need all antenna for sure. It’s far more complicated than just drilling two holes through the bottom. you need to remove all the power supply block that supplied the motors. Or at least shrink wrap it. You will need to be very careful in this area. That is a fair amount of voltage and you could melt your whole rig if you contact the wrong thing. We are finding that there are some limits to what the rig can do.....as far as what actually looks good. In many ways you might be better off to fix it and return it to a drone. I spent a TON of time and work to make it into a ground rig. As a car mount vibration and wind is a really tough problem to overcome. The stock gimbal is weak and shooting angle will be limited from wind direction. The gimbal works great on a drone but has real issues mounted on a solid object. It mike work better to build it into a hand held rig as that brings less issues. I have a ton of examples I can share. Hope any of this helps,rob

Reactions: psionic001
Well, you'll need antennas (all 4 of them) custom mounted to a fuselage in order to remotely communicate with camera. Antennas itself are mounted in legs and connected with wires going to a Cinecore module. Wires are terminated with plugs on both ends, these must be pulled out thru motor booms and arms. Warning: these wires are delicate and must be re-installed in particular order, antenna pads must remain in the same configuration as well (mark them, take snapshots etc.). Similar shorter wires are available, i.e. M600 parts. The system may protest as not being able to detect ESC boards, motors, landing gear servo, OA sensors etc. You'll receive tons of warnings ...

Is she still alive, anyway?
Turn off all sensors... never had a esc problem, but you will get plenty of....”you can not take off” warnings. Haha well no kidding. I have a few new projected rigs and will share soon.

You will need all antenna for sure. It’s far more complicated than just drilling two holes through the bottom. you need to remove all the power supply block that supplied the motors. Or at least shrink wrap it. You will need to be very careful in this area. That is a fair amount of voltage and you could melt your whole rig if you contact the wrong thing. We are finding that there are some limits to what the rig can do.....as far as what actually looks good. In many ways you might be better off to fix it and return it to a drone. I spent a TON of time and work to make it into a ground rig. As a car mount vibration and wind is a really tough problem to overcome. The stock gimbal is weak and shooting angle will be limited from wind direction. The gimbal works great on a drone but has real issues mounted on a solid object. It mike work better to build it into a hand held rig as that brings less issues. I have a ton of examples I can share. Hope any of this helps,rob
I'm sure you've found already that no car mounted video camera will deliver useable footage without vibration damping hardware :) ...

Reactions: Black Sky
Hello Everyone!
Winter is here and today it is -24c in sunny Saskatoon Canada and I am working on a winter project, I am turning my crashed i2 into a vehicle mounted rig. When I disassembled Johnny 5, I forgot to mark down what antenna's went where. There appears to be 3 identical RX antennas and one TX/RX antenna. Can someone tell me what port the Tx/RX antenna needs to be plugged into? (1,2,3 or 4) as indicated on the attached image. I know some of you have modified crashed i2's like this before and I am looking for your input into my project.
Cheers, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
smile.gif

Attachments

• I32.jpg
    I32.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: rbycapri

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo