Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Velcro Hoodivisions not ideal for Inspire pilots

hey steve, is this not valuable direct costomer feedback? hopefully steve is at the design desk hard at work with some killer ideas handed to him....

Reactions: CoastalBird
I appreciate that their original design was never intended for this new kind of customer. But something tells me there are a lot more sales from those of us with a pressing need to use our tablets outdoors under all circumstances. I don't know their sales numbers, but I bet Steve will tell you there's been a recent spike!

The angle of the iPad isn't the only flaw criticized, blade. There are improvements that could be made with a change in material, for instance. Just saying, innovation doesn't care how much time you spend on forums defending a flawed and stagnant design.

Perhaps take a cue from the likes of Hoodman, a company that has been building different screen shades for different field monitors for years. They build long, rigid velcro attached shades that have a fully enclosed design - in other words, shades on all four sides of the screen, not just 1 and 2 halves. A proper design would probably include a case for the tablet, with a velcro edge that the screen attaches to, so you don't have to stick velcro on the tablet surface itself. I think I might give those guys a call.

Wrong, not a stagnant design.. The new hat is only about a month old.

Like it has been suggested, you create it and I will try one, until then you haven't given ANY input that would make a better hood. Sorry but a 4 sided hood would be dead in the water. I want easy access to my touch screen or I would just use an HDMI monitor.

Reactions: Steve CEO
We are well aware of Hoodman as I am an award winning film, production and post-production veteran and used their products for years. They have as yet to produce a hood for the iPad. Have you seen their hood for the MacBookPro? It works for well production needs but is far too cumbersome for most users. Again as we stated before we originally developed the shades for the average iPad user. We have a pro line used by fast food companies that include a customized handle case.

In fact we have a soft hood for the RED camera out in the field for testing with pro cinematographers that is far superior to anything else on the market. It has superior access to the touch screen instead of an elastic band and completely blocks all light and glare. So far over the past 6 months it has been used for shoots from California to Iceland with rave reports. We hope to go into production later this year.

Perhaps you missed the suggestion to purchase a shell case and attach the velcro to it instead of the iPad. We are in touch with our case supplier to possibly start selling shell cases directly on our site but you can find them for around $10.

We welcome all positive and constructive suggestions. Perhaps you might consider refraining from derisive comments that deliberately try and denigrate our products with such terms as "stagnant" that have no basis in fact.

OK, so what about a hinged bottom panel that also attaches to its brothers with velcro?
We already have patents in process for this idea and is an integral part of our RED camera shade design that we developed 12 months ago.

Please consider the issues we have encountered with this idea including where the flap must go when open.
For the RED we designed a solution using magnets that is far more effective and convenient than velcro.
We also designed a 2 piece flute that will soon go into field testing.

So again, we please ask for patience from everyone as we were just discovered en masse by the drone community last month. It takes time to realize and test new ideas and then manufacture and get to market. We responded immediately to needs we could address quickly and effectively. How many other companies are that fast with their responses and immediate solutions?

I can promise that every idea we have seen on this forum we have have already pursued, many months to years ago for pro and amateur users of our products. I seriously doubt anyone will present us with something we haven't already encountered in terms of design solutions.

Also please understand that while we encourage users to respond about needs and issues that they have encountered we cannot directly solicit ideas because of patent and intellectual property rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoastalBird
I REALLY want to buy one.

"Wondering if this will effect the signal to the aircraft as the antennas are now pointed downward."

This is the only concern preventing me from adding the item to my cart and purchasing.

I REALLY want to buy one.

"Wondering if this will effect the signal to the aircraft as the antennas are now pointed downward."

This is the only concern preventing me from adding the item to my cart and purchasing.
Hi JHogge,
Thanks for the question.

We have hundreds of happy Inspire 1 users and there has not been one report about the antenna direction being an issue.

If that does happen we want to be the first to know.

Best Regards,
Steve

OK bought the air version (magnetic) for my Inspire 1 - I will come back and post a review of my experience once I get it and test it out.

I use a dual remote setup with an iPad Air 2 on each controller. I purchased 2 of the magnetic versions for the iPads and am more then pleased with them! They attach very easily, fit on great, and mount very easily to the inspire 1's RC screen holders. Awesome product!!!!!

Reactions: Steve CEO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters