Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Velcro Hoodivisions not ideal for Inspire pilots

Hi all

Sorry to bring this back up, but I need some honest advice...

I recently purchased a dji sun screen but am still getting bad screen burn out. I can't even take a decent photograph because all I can see in the screen is my reflection.

Before I try the hoodivision I wondered if anybody had any feedback on it. I don't want to waste more money on something if it's no good.

What one would you recommend for an iPad mini?

I'd really appreciate your honest opinion on this product before I buy it. Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi all

I recently purchased a dji sun screen but am still getting bad screen burn out. I can't even take a decent photograph because all I can see in the screen is my reflection.

Before I try the hoodivision I wondered if anybody had any feedback on it. I don't want to waste more money on something if it's no good.

I'd really appreciate your honest opinion on this product before I buy it. Many thanks in advance.
I have the hoodvision and it's way better than the one from DJI because it's more in an angle.Take the one with the Nano strips and avoid the magnetic version.Another advice I can give you is wear dark clothes when flying.

Reactions: HoodiVision
I tried dark clothing as you suggested in the other thread but the screen I was using just sun bleached the whole iPad screen out so didn't make any differents.

It's getting to the stage where I don't want to fly my I1 cos of this problem.

So wind doesn't affect your screen? I have read all these post here which was a very interesting.

I tried dark clothing as you suggested in the other thread but the screen I was using just sun bleached the whole iPad screen out so didn't make any differents.

It's getting to the stage where I don't want to fly my I1 cos of this problem.

So wind doesn't affect your screen? I have read all these post here which was a very interesting.
Not at all.It's simply very good

Hi all

Sadly, I wound up ditching mine. The truth is the iPad's screen is simply too weak in full sunlight, no matter the shade. You have to hold it at such an angle to see it that the light from above and behind you goes right down the shade and onto the screen.

In early morning and late afternoon it is doable, but the sun has to be at a low angle, an hour or two max after sunrise. An hour or two before (and after) sunset are good. Mid-morning to mid-afternoon it's pretty useless.

Sadly, I wound up ditching mine. The truth is the iPad's screen is simply too weak in full sunlight, no matter the shade. You have to hold it at such an angle to see it that the light from above and behind you goes right down the shade and onto the screen.

In early morning and late afternoon it is doable, but the sun has to be at a low angle, an hour or two max after sunrise. An hour or two before (and after) sunset are good. Mid-morning to mid-afternoon it's pretty useless.
Hi InspiredOne,
Many thanks for your input, can I ask what your using now?

At this point I'm using the Headplay, when I do fly to record. The heat this summer has seriously curtailed my flying here in South Florida (aka as "the squint capital of the world").

Perhaps I came across too hard above. As I said, if your limit your flights to early mornings and late afternoons, the Hoodi does work.

I have been using a screen made by shadeo, brilliant screen but it only fits my iPhone 6. I've emailed the company asking if they will be making one for the iPad mini that fits on an I1 RC, not heard anything from them so I'm guessing the answer is no.

Headplay = FPV goggles, looks very interesting. Just done a search on them. Don't like the price though......
Well you do have a tablet and your so wanted shadevision,so after all it's not that expensive.

See you're living in the UK.I'm going to Maldon in a week time so maybe you can have a look at my Hoodvision.But as InspiredOne is saying it could be your screen also.But as far as I can say,I like the hoodvision.It came within 10 days when ordered,so you can give it a try.For this amount is a good option and when not satified with it you can Always sell it.

Maldon is only about a 15 minute drive from me, I'm in Burnham-on-Crouch, could be a plan then;) I take it you've bought your I1 with you? How did you get on at the airport with it

Hi all

Hello Clampit,

Please note that we have an unconditional 30 day guarantee so your money would not be wasted if you decided it does not work for you.

However we have sold 1000s worldwide and have very pleased pilots, both pro and amateur with less than a 2% return rate.

Although someone said not to get the magnetic version, it is actually the recommend and is what most pilots order. The iPad has stronger magnets than the PadHat and there is not one verified case that the magnets effect the compass. The shade is very effective and is the only one that truly blocks both glare and reflection.

You can read more about it here.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Hi InspiredOne,

When mounted correctly the PadHat should completely block glare and reflection at any time unless the sun is directly behind you, but then your body blocks it.

If you have a different experience can you please contact Kevin [email protected] to discuss.

We want to know about customers' experiences.

Best Regards,
The HoodiVision Team

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207