Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Vertical Studio - Looking for Beta Testers

Reaction score
Website
vertical.ai
Hi Inspire Pilots,

We’re Vertical, a start-up in the Bay Area and we're looking for beta testers for our app Vertical Studio.

One of our biggest problems with aerial video was that filming landscapes and panoramas is easy, but filming close-up shots of stuff in action is ridiculously complicated. Only the most professional studios with large drones and camera crews seem to be able to film those sweet complex action shots.

So we've built Vertical Studio. An app for DJI Inspire and Phantom 3 that lets you film all those difficult tracking shots with a simple touch interface. How do we do it ? Well, we use some nifty computer vision software we’ve been building for over a year and pack it all into your Android or iOS device so you can auto-track anything your drone sees - without any GPS or tracking beacons. Just click on stuff in your video feed and let Vertical Studio handle the rest.

The best way to explain Vertical Studio is probably with this video.

If you’re interested in beta testing, we’d love it if you could head over to our website (Vertical - EPIC Aerial Filming) and take a minute to sign-up for either the Android or iOS beta. It will help us better manage our beta tests. The Android beta is available now, but the iOS beta should be ready in a few days.

And if you have any questions or initial thoughts about Vertical Studio, do let us know in the forum or email us at [email protected].

Cheers!
Neil
www.vertical.ai

Just hit you up for a little more info and an invite on your website. I'd be interested in giving your software a run on a few shoots. You can see some of my non commercial work on Vimeo here Virtualphotographers’s Videos on Vimeo

Excellent. That's a gorgeous reel! I'll follow up with your email in a bit. As part of our product research we're looking to interview a few aerial filmmakers and I was wondering if you would be interesting in a quick chat sometime in the next few days ?

Looks interesting - how does this compare with "Percepto?"

I'm intrigued to see this working so I've registered to take a look - great to see this sort of innovation, keep up the great work guys!

Question: does it operate/function at the same time as the Go app and or any other app like autoflight or does it need those other apps to be closed?

Hi Inspire Pilots,

We’re Vertical, a start-up in the Bay Area and we're looking for beta testers for our app Vertical Studio.

One of our biggest problems with aerial video was that filming landscapes and panoramas is easy, but filming close-up shots of stuff in action is ridiculously complicated. Only the most professional studios with large drones and camera crews seem to be able to film those sweet complex action shots.

So we've built Vertical Studio. An app for DJI Inspire and Phantom 3 that lets you film all those difficult tracking shots with a simple touch interface. How do we do it ? Well, we use some nifty computer vision software we’ve been building for over a year and pack it all into your Android or iOS device so you can auto-track anything your drone sees - without any GPS or tracking beacons. Just click on stuff in your video feed and let Vertical Studio handle the rest.

The best way to explain Vertical Studio is probably with this video.

If you’re interested in beta testing, we’d love it if you could head over to our website (Vertical - EPIC Aerial Filming) and take a minute to sign-up for either the Android or iOS beta. It will help us better manage our beta tests. The Android beta is available now, but the iOS beta should be ready in a few days.

And if you have any questions or initial thoughts about Vertical Studio, do let us know in the forum or email us at [email protected].

Cheers!
Neil
www.vertical.ai
Neil,
Thank you very much for the post.
As you are asking the community to assist in your beta testing do you accept any liability if an aircraft is damaged or crashes due to an error or bug in Verticals software?
Are beta testers expected to assume all liability in this testing phase and are testers required to sign any form of NDA or Hold Harmless?

Thank You.

Looks interesting - how does this compare with "Percepto?"

I'm intrigued to see this working so I've registered to take a look - great to see this sort of innovation, keep up the great work guys!

Question: does it operate/function at the same time as the Go app and or any other app like autoflight or does it need those other apps to be closed?

It's different because it doesn't need any additional hardware. It's just an app that runs all the machine intelligent software on your phone or tablet :)

Since it's an app it does need you to close any other app like GO or Autoflight during usage. Of course you can switch between them on the fly if you like.

Very clever, signed up for iOS beta when available. Should help a great deal with the new X5 camera as it is much more difficult to get smooth movement, let alone following a subject.

Reactions: Neil Mathew
Hi Neil, we met at San Jose's expo. I signed up last week. May I have some clarifications in which order you guys are releasing the beta... Android or iOS, phantom or inspire. A lot of us on here have our OS preferences and some of us are prepared for either. Did I hear correctly that Phantom's app will be released first. What's the rollout time frame looking like?

Very clever, signed up for iOS beta when available. Should help a great deal with the new X5 camera as it is much more difficult to get smooth movement, let alone following a subject.

Thanks! I'll follow up with you regarding the BETA shortly! If you've been hired on shoots before I'd also love to ask you a few questions about your experience so if you're interested, I'll set up a call with you as well.

Hi Neil, we met at San Jose's expo. I signed up last week. May I have some clarifications in which order you guys are releasing the beta... Android or iOS, phantom or inspire. A lot of us on here have our OS preferences and some of us are prepared for either. Did I hear correctly that Phantom's app will be released first. What's the rollout time frame looking like?

Hi Eric. Thanks for checking in. Did you already receive an email from us about the beta? If not, here's the details.

The same app is compatible with both Phantom and Inspire. The android app is out now and ready for testing. If you've signed up and have an Android device you should have received a link to download from us already. If you only use iOS, our iOS beta should be ready in a few days and I'll reach out to you when it is :)

I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks! I'll follow up with you regarding the BETA shortly! If you've been hired on shoots before I'd also love to ask you a few questions about your experience so if you're interested, I'll set up a call with you as well.
Sure, yeah just send me an email

Neil,
Thank you very much for the post.
As you are asking the community to assist in your beta testing do you accept any liability if an aircraft is damaged or crashes due to an error or bug in Verticals software?
Are beta testers expected to assume all liability in this testing phase and are testers required to sign any form of NDA or Hold Harmless?

Thank You.
Thanks for pointing this out. As a Beta tester request, we're asking the community to give us a chance with this early and partially baked version of the app. It's free for all beta testers and we ask that you understand the risks involved with any beta product before choosing to sign up. We assume no liability on this part. We've done a lot of testing but there's always a chance that you'll see some unexpected behavior in the app. That being said - we only control the Inspire gimbal and it's highly unlikely that your drone's flight will have any issues because of the app. And if you do notice anything amiss you can instantly switch to either "P" or "A" mode to regain full control of the aircraft. DJI only allows apps to function in "F" mode.

I hope that answers your questions and alleviates your concerns! Feel free to message me for anything else as well.

Thanks!
Neil
[email protected]

Reactions: dasko and jon b
Have applied, but just to clarify, once beta is over, do we get the app you sell for free, or do we still have to purchase...!

If you want testers, then you have to give something back at the end of it as well... ;)

Have applied, but just to clarify, once beta is over, do we get the app you sell for free, or do we still have to purchase...!

If you want testers, then you have to give something back at the end of it as well... ;)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for signing up for the Beta! Who said anything about charging you guys ? This is going to be free for all our beta program members - forever. :)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for signing up for the Beta! Who said anything about charging you guys ? This is going to be free for all our beta program members - forever. :)

I have tested for another, and at the end of the test, they sold and the beta expired that was all... So if we wanted to continue using we had to pay the same as everyone else... ;)

Hi Eric. Thanks for checking in. Did you already receive an email from us about the beta? If not, here's the details.

The same app is compatible with both Phantom and Inspire. The android app is out now and ready for testing. If you've signed up and have an Android device you should have received a link to download from us already. If you only use iOS, our iOS beta should be ready in a few days and I'll reach out to you when it is :)

I hope you enjoy it!

Sweet, thanks! I believe I signed up for both... I just looked, and didn't receive the Android link. I do prefer flying with my iPad though, and can wait a few days. Thanks again in advance. Also after a few days of testing I'd really like to give feedback face to face. I'm in Southwest San Jose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters