Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video output is a "snowy" screen

ETV

Reaction score
After about 1 year of use, the hdmi output of my I1 has started to just show a "snowy" screen (just like an old TV with no signal). Sometimes the video will come back, but it's intermittent and flashes back and forth between a picture and snow.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jon

I haven't checked the camera mounts, but I should point out that the video always looks great in the app and does not exhibit the problem. The problem is only present on the hdmi output.

After about 1 year of use, the hdmi output of my I1 has started to just show a "snowy" screen (just like an old TV with no signal). Sometimes the video will come back, but it's intermittent and flashes back and forth between a picture and snow.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jon
Sounds like a bad/intermittent HDMI socket on the remote module.
Obviously first step, try a different HDMI cable just to rule that out (one or more cores can crack internally).
Assuming you have already done that, you could try a good contact cleaner in the socket (DeoxIT is very good)
If you try all of that and still have problems, the HDMI/USB module is readily available and easy to replace.
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Output-Module-White/dp/B013H9IRGY (Although it says Phantom - the modules are identical and interchangeable)

You might also like to take a look at my post here which although is a protection for the USB socket the same can be done for the HDMI socket to protect it from stress and repeated plug/unplug cycles.

For those who have had issues with USB module (or think they might)

Hope that helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1