Video output is a "snowy" screen

ETV

Reaction score
After about 1 year of use, the hdmi output of my I1 has started to just show a "snowy" screen (just like an old TV with no signal). Sometimes the video will come back, but it's intermittent and flashes back and forth between a picture and snow.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jon

I haven't checked the camera mounts, but I should point out that the video always looks great in the app and does not exhibit the problem. The problem is only present on the hdmi output.

Sounds like a bad/intermittent HDMI socket on the remote module.
Obviously first step, try a different HDMI cable just to rule that out (one or more cores can crack internally).
Assuming you have already done that, you could try a good contact cleaner in the socket (DeoxIT is very good)
If you try all of that and still have problems, the HDMI/USB module is readily available and easy to replace.
https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Output-Module-White/dp/B013H9IRGY (Although it says Phantom - the modules are identical and interchangeable)

You might also like to take a look at my post here which although is a protection for the USB socket the same can be done for the HDMI socket to protect it from stress and repeated plug/unplug cycles.

For those who have had issues with USB module (or think they might)

Hope that helps