Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

VuFine New FPV Camera attachment for glasses

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was looking at one of YouTube subscription channels and ran across this. Vufine FPV (it's a camera that attaches to glasses). These guys out of Sunnyvale Ca. have created an FPV camera attachment for multiple uses but, it can be used with "Drones" with an HDMI output. They are in the middle of a Kickstarter fund. The information can be read and seen by clicking the links below. I think this will be a game changer!!!!

Correction NOT camera, but Display...

http://vufine.com
Kickstarter Website

The information can be found by skipping to 59:00 minutes in.

Last edited:
Yeah, I broke down and ordered it too. I actually am also curious how the Zeiss VR1 which is available now will perform. I have a phone too big for it though so am not tempted. Although may be handy for my second operator second remote.

Can someone plz review this product ore what do you thing of the vufine in use with the Inspire?
I'm verry interested in this product but i cant find good consumers reviews.

They've only just started shipping them. I've been told that I should have mine in the next couple of weeks…

Good news, mine arrive tomorrow. In the interim, I've used the Zeiss One with the CloudFPV app which worked great. I will post my experience with the Vufine this weekend.

Ordered them some months ago - still waiting for them. Promised in two to tree weeks.

Had a false start. Worked well indoors with gopro. Had trouble adjusting in the field and decided I needed to better adjust to my glasses. Unfortunately I have trifocal progressive lenses. Will try again at tomorrow's national drone day in Austin at Zilker Park.

Steve and PicoFlyer II

I ordered mine in September last year and were promised delivery in December. They have promised delivery every month since (last was April) so I guess it will be the same for non-delivery in May. To be honest I haven't heard of anyone receiving anything, but I guess I haven't been paying attention. If your considering buying I would at least wait until existing orders from the last 6 months are completed.

Roger

Have you had a chance to test these yet?
Good news, mine arrive tomorrow. In the interim, I've used the Zeiss One with the CloudFPV app which worked great. I will post my experience with the Vufine this weekend.

Yes, I tested this weekend and my early conclusion is positive. Because I wear progressive lenses, finding the optimal viewing angle was tricky, but once adjusted the picture was good. The screen is a little small and I'd rather use the Zeiss One for the large viewing display, but the Vufine is 1/2 to 1/4 the price when you consider the cost of the phone in the Zeiss One. If you already have a phone that fits the Zeiss, I would recommend it over the Vufine.

Yes, I tested this weekend and my early conclusion is positive. Because I wear progressive lenses, finding the optimal viewing angle was tricky, but once adjusted the picture was good. The screen is a little small and I'd rather use the Zeiss One for the large viewing display, but the Vufine is 1/2 to 1/4 the price when you consider the cost of the phone in the Zeiss One. If you already have a phone that fits the Zeiss, I would recommend it over the Vufine.
But isnt the Zeiss One a completely different type of unit? It looks like Zeiss one does not allow viewing of other than 100% immersive. Am i missing something?

Yeah, you press a button, C2 or right dial for a few seconds and it switches to the camera video of the phone. So get a phone with a decent forward facing camera. Its good enough.

Steve and PicoFlyer II

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips