Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Waiver

Reaction score
Website
kdactionphoto.smugmug.com
Hey guys or gals.
Been using sUAS's for some years. Certified and insured. To make this short I have a person claiming that his friend who will be doing a job we cant do (waiting on the airspace authorization waiver), that he has a waiver to fly to 18,000'. Distance I would question with batteries but does the FAA even let you work at that height.
Thanks
Kevin

Waivers are listed online, so this claim can be confirmed or disconfirmed.

My guess is no way. Maybe this is a distance figure instead of a height fifure?

Reactions: kcobello
Hey guys or gals.
Been using sUAS's for some years. Certified and insured. To make this short I have a person claiming that his friend who will be doing a job we cant do (waiting on the airspace authorization waiver), that he has a waiver to fly to 18,000'. Distance I would question with batteries but does the FAA even let you work at that height.
Thanks
Kevin
Sounds like BS to me. What is he flying? An MQ-9 with transponder and ADS + a chase pressurized manned aircraft?;)
From the PHAK:
"Class A
Pilots operating an aircraft in Class A airspace must conduct that operation under IFR and only under an ATC clearance received prior to entering the airspace. Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, each aircraft operating in Class A airspace must be equipped with a two-way radio capable of communicating with ATC on a frequency assigned by ATC. Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, all aircraft within Class A airspace must be equipped with the appropriate transponder equipment meeting all applicable specifications found in 14 CFR part 91, section 91.215. Additionally, beginning January 1, 2020, aircraft operating in the Class A airspace described in 14 CFR part 91, section 91.225, must have ADS-B Out equipment installed, which meets the performance requirements of 14 CFR part 91, section 91.227."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela