Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Has anyone received a "Visibility" waiver for less than 3nm?

Thanks LP, and let me rephrase my approval. The waiver was approved for combined airspace where two class D airspaces overlap, Long Beach and Los Alamitos. Originally I posed the question, should I add a visibility waiver in case of morning fog. Most of the opinions and responses were based on the assumption that the airspace waiver would not be granted, and thus the visibility request was moot. I'm yet to see a visibility waiver approved so I just filed a waiver for the airspaces, which was approved. (...WSA-5807)

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks LP, and let me rephrase my approval. The waiver was approved for combined airspace where two class D airspaces overlap, Long Beach and Los Alamitos. Originally I posed the question, should I add a visibility waiver in case of morning fog. Most of the opinions and responses were based on the assumption that the airspace waiver would not be granted, and thus the visibility request was moot. I'm yet to see a visibility waiver approved so I just filed a waiver for the airspaces, which was approved. (...WSA-5807)

Congrats.

To date none have been granted for less than 3m visibility.

FLIR has waiver for a Prox Dynamics PD-100 that allows for night flight, FPV in lieu of LOS, from a vehicle, over people and down to 300' visibility. Not a very valid example since FLIR is defense contractor flying a nano drone... But it does exist.

Waiver Number: 107W-2016-00993A

Reactions: BigAl07
FLIR has waiver for a Prox Dynamics PD-100 that allows for night flight, FPV in lieu of LOS, from a vehicle, over people and down to 300' visibility. Not a very valid example since FLIR is defense contractor flying a nano drone... But it does exist.

Waiver Number: 107W-2016-00993A

Excellent find. I completely missed that looking through the DB yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin