Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Walkera's 'Inspired' design

Reaction score
Someone at CES made a video on the new Walkera Voyager 3.

Got to love how the indicators sit on the top cover, I bet it is easy identifying the multi-coloured icon lights packed close together while in direct sunlight ;-) (sarcastic).

The arms don't move, instead the legs and camera gimbal retract down. Looking at the FPV antenna I don't think Walkera have invested any resources on developing an iPad/tablet app, instead using an analogue FPV system.

A 4K camera is presumably coming, but he didn't sound confident.

Well it made an appearance at CES!

voyager3-a.jpg

Last edited:
The funny thing is that multirotors are partially so useful because they can fly in all directions, but the inspire, and now even more so with this one and it's vertical stabilizers, are being set up for forward flight stability and therefore less stability in other flight directions, sideways, backwards etc. Wonder if this is just copying manned aircraft trying to look hi tech, or if it is a thought out migration in the industry.

I know I am going to get slammed for saying this...but I wish a USA company would jump on board and build something here...all parts and assembly would be here... Show the world how to not only build quality/superior aircraft products, but how to have spare parts...everything ready to go once the product is released. Thinking out loud...fire suit on...

I know I am going to get slammed for saying this...but I wish a USA company would jump on board and build something here...all parts and assembly would be here... Show the world how to not only build quality/superior aircraft products, but how to have spare parts...everything ready to go once the product is released. Thinking
there are some companies in America that build custome uav's ( turbo matrix, 3d robotics ) but all of the eletronics are built in Asia or Mexico. .turbo matrix is made in orange county ca and 3d robotics is located in Berkeley ca and their products are assembled in Mexico. .I'm sure there's more out there. .
in my opinion it's hard to compete with foreign companies that have lower tax and labor rates along with looser enviromental regulations. .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla