Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

WARNING Inspire 1 Pro Near crash near NFZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Feel need to share.
Was on a commercial shot this week. One location was very close to a NFZ near a football stadium. Still not sure why a NFZ should be around a stadium 24/7 (another story). I had PFAW in place, landowners consent & crew had a controlled area set up, so legally, no reason why the NFZ should be there.

However, went to launch after pre flight checks. Had warning that near NFZ come up, remember was out side the 500m radius shown on the DJIGO app. Started the engines, started to take off and the craft self veered sharp right to avoid the NFZ, I had no control over this action.
If I had not set up the safe landing /takeoff area as per my CAA PFAW, I hate to think what could have happened to craft/property or people.

Please note, moved set up to the other side of the river, about 20m away, and everything worked fine.

I have reported this to DJI, and sent off this morning the request files and documents.
I have reviewed the flight log on the app, and you can see the stick movements clearly pull left, and the craft continuing right.
I understand the need for NFZ to protect untrained/new flyers from prosecution & general silliness, but the protocol has to change.
Has anyone else had this happening else where? I attach screen shot to show launch location to NFZ.

Attachments

• NFZ.jpg
    NFZ.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 28
Why 2 posts, and even more so with different/conflicting information??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido