Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Waypoint Mode

Reaction score
Website
www.reesaerials.com
I remember seeing a video that detailed the Inspire 2's waypoint mode. Specifically of interest to me was the ability to program a thorough flight from the ground and then go fly it. Is there anyone in the know about when DJI is going to enable this feature on our DJI Go 4 app?

It is extremely frustrating to see "coming soon" on a bird that I own... granted, after reading a lot of the posts on here, they have yet to iron out all of the wrinkles in the bird and software that they delivered, so I am not thinking this is going to be a priority.

There is DJI app called Ground Station Pro (DJI GS PRO) they have been putting a lot of effort in to this and i think they will expect us to use this and not the waypoint mode. I had a look in the SDK and its not that difficult to implement as the code for the P4 is similar.

I have tried the GS PRO with the I2 and it has many more features that are interesting I suggest you check it out

There is DJI app called Ground Station Pro (DJI GS PRO) they have been putting a lot of effort in to this and i think they will expect us to use this and not the waypoint mode. I had a look in the SDK and its not that difficult to implement as the code for the P4 is similar.

I have tried the GS PRO with the I2 and it has many more features that are interesting I suggest you check it out
I was going through my app update today and the Waypoint Mode is actually there but greyed out. I will download the GS Pro and give it a whirl. If you have any pointers... I am all ears. Thanks for the reply.

I remember seeing a video that detailed the Inspire 2's waypoint mode. Specifically of interest to me was the ability to program a thorough flight from the ground and then go fly it. Is there anyone in the know about when DJI is going to enable this feature on our DJI Go 4 app?

It is extremely frustrating to see "coming soon" on a bird that I own... granted, after reading a lot of the posts on here, they have yet to iron out all of the wrinkles in the bird and software that they delivered, so I am not thinking this is going to be a priority.
I have used the GS Pro app a few times just testing it mainly and I looks very promising, you can program your waypoints and what the camera does at each waypoint, from angle a direction to record or photograph, you can save a reuse them when ever needed, for instance if you were hired to shoot the progressive construction of a building you could come back over a period of time and fly time same mission to get pics/vid from same points over time. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ReesAerials
I have used the GS Pro app a few times just testing it mainly and I looks very promising, you can program your waypoints and what the camera does at each waypoint, from angle a direction to record or photograph, you can save a reuse them when ever needed, for instance if you were hired to shoot the progressive construction of a building you could come back over a period of time and fly time same mission to get pics/vid from same points over time. Hope this helps.
That is a HUGE plus, and I have actually approached a few contractors in our local area about doing that exact thing. Good tip to know. Thanks for the input.

I use Litchi for waypoint missions. You can set them up on your phone/tablet or on your computer and save them to your account at the Litchi Mission Hub: Mission Hub - Litchi
I just checked out a bunch of those videos. I must say that this is a pretty impressive program. I love the interpolate function to get the camera to utilize a slow pan. I perform a lot of those functions in my cinematography.

I have Letchi, Autopilot and also DJI GS PRO. I like Letchi the most. I find Autopilot over complicated and GS PRO needs much more features to be called "PRO" as Letchi is far advanced.

But i suppose its down to what are you trying to achieve? I find i use one for certain missions and others for different ones. the cost of the APP's are small but there is an obvious learning curve with them all.

Does anybody have issues when planing a 3D Map in GS Pro and you get more than the 99 waypoints (max limit) keeping you from taking off? I have counted the waypoints and they should be a fraction of what the app is claiming.

Does anyone know if there's an Android version planned of GS pro? And, still no word on waypoints in Go 4?

I am a little in doubt to start using non-DJI apps, as only the DJI stuff already has enough "features" (/bugs) to deal with alone. With the high turnover rate of new firmwares I'm a little afraid of the combinations with third party software. One could argue it can hardly get worse though.

Small thing on Litchy: anyone got the inspire 2 FPV cam to work there? I use it quite a lot for orientation.

Does Litchi give all the camera control settings found in Go 4? I Iike Autopilot but there's no exposure lock, histogram or zebras yet.

I had a chance to try out the waypoint mode in the latest firmware. It seemed to work pretty good (basic, but works). I was however surprised to see that the camera angle is not recorded or controlled at all with the built in waypoint tools... I was wondering if I missed something or if in fact the ability to control camera position with the DJI GO4 way point was missing?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan