Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weight and Balance - Attaching a Panono 360 Camera

Does DJI alter prop speeds to account for different cameras being attached?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can educate me on weight and balance with the Inspire series. I just received my new 360 degree Panono camera and would like to mount it to the inspire but want to know if anyone knows if the DJI flight software adjusts prop speed to compensate for different weights.
For example....

Zenmuse X3 = 215 grams

Panono Camera = 488 grams

Zenmuse X5 = 543 grams

Aircraft have a weight and balance envelope where pilots can calculate passengers and baggage and then refer to the pilot operation handbook to determine if the weight and balance falls within acceptable flight parameters for stable flight. But this is a drone and DJI doesn't publish and weight and balance envelope for me to do the calculations.

The Inspire flies fine with either the X3 and the X5 camera. So if I created a mount for the Panono camera that mounted "in the same place" with the same lever arm distance to the CG, then technically since the Inspire will balance with the X3 or X5...it should work........provided that DJI doesn't manipulate flight characteristics based on what is plugged into the Inspire.

The X3 and X5 cameras would be removed and the Panono would be fixed approximately where the zenmuse camera systems would attach. Based on weight....it will be in the envelope.

But can anyone tell me if there are programic issues that will affect rotor speed that would compensate for balance?

Thanks in Advance,

Arvada

I am hoping someone can educate me on weight and balance with the Inspire series. I just received my new 360 degree Panono camera and would like to mount it to the inspire but want to know if anyone knows if the DJI flight software adjusts prop speed to compensate for different weights.
For example....

Zenmuse X3 = 215 grams

Panono Camera = 488 grams

Zenmuse X5 = 543 grams

Aircraft have a weight and balance envelope where pilots can calculate passengers and baggage and then refer to the pilot operation handbook to determine if the weight and balance falls within acceptable flight parameters for stable flight. But this is a drone and DJI doesn't publish and weight and balance envelope for me to do the calculations.

The Inspire flies fine with either the X3 and the X5 camera. So if I created a mount for the Panono camera that mounted "in the same place" with the same lever arm distance to the CG, then technically since the Inspire will balance with the X3 or X5...it should work........provided that DJI doesn't manipulate flight characteristics based on what is plugged into the Inspire.

The X3 and X5 cameras would be removed and the Panono would be fixed approximately where the zenmuse camera systems would attach. Based on weight....it will be in the envelope.

But can anyone tell me if there are programic issues that will affect rotor speed that would compensate for balance?

Thanks in Advance,

Arvada
Yes - all multirotors (not just the Inspire) dynamically adjust rotor speed to compensate for COG, wind turbulence, external forces etc.
480g will not be an issue for the Inspire wherever you decide to mount it.

From a loading standpoint I agree, 480g should be fine. I was more curious if the lack of a zenmuse camera attached would change its programming and cause weight and balance issues or does it dynamically adjust without the zenmuse attached? In other words, is there a programnic feature that occurs when either zenmuse is physically attached that changes flight programming?

Nope, any gain adjustments if any were needed would be done manually in the app.

Mounting the Panono to the nose where the X3 or X5 works just fine. If you have a panono camera, turn the HDR off. The vibrations cause distortion in the photo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan