Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Weird curvy horizon

Reaction score
Website
www.luchtzicht.nl
Hello fellow Inspire pilots. Hence there is no Zenmuse X3 thread, I thought this would be the right place to ask a question about some weird curvy horizons. Whenever I take a picture the horizon gets a little weird, just like the underneath photo. For now I did change the gimbal system from an standard X3 mount, to the X5 mount. Also I did renew the two cables running from the mount to the Inspire. Didn't help. In video the horizon looks fine. Do any of you have any idea what causes this? No filters have been used.

DJI_0324.JPG

Reactions: oldcomputech
Assuming you are using the X3 you will find that is normal for the camera. I believe photoshop has a preset to help correct that.

Video is 16:9 where photo is 3:2 (?). I believe photos get squashed some (left to right) which would exacerbate any curvature of the horizon.

As Sancap said, PS does come with an Inspire1 lens correction. If not using PS,then most decent imaging editing software will have distortion or lens correction options.

Dont know if this is at all apropos but when I first got my I2 with X4s and importing images into Luminar, the same thing happened... frustratingly it didn't happen to all the images... sussed it to be the DNG raw files... didn't affect the jpg images...

The latest Luminar 3 now has a raw, lens adjustment slider...
As does Lightroom which is my main go-to photo editor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool