Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA What advertising term showing we're legal

Reaction score
I'm working on business cards and want to put on there a phrase showing that I'm (will be) legal in that I'm licensed according to the FAA for sUas commercial services.

Thought about something like:

FAA sUAS Certified for Commercial Services

Is there a phrase folks have been using?

I've used "Part 107 certified" and have seen others use a more generic "FAA certified commercial operator". Truth is it isn't really going to make much difference. I'm assuming you are new to the profession. Breaking in is very hard at least in my region. Many people who would use our services are completely dollar driven and will give their nephew who has a Phantom a chance before they will pay the bucks for true commercial operators. Real Estate agents are the WORST! Unless it's a $1M+ listing they won't pay for professional photography and videography. Most of my business has been by word of mouth and making friends with local production groups. Best of luck!

We've been using part 107 certified in our marketing and communications don't have it on my card though it is enough to mention it to them when in negotiations or sales material presentation

I'm working on business cards and want to put on there a phrase showing that I'm (will be) legal in that I'm licensed according to the FAA for sUas commercial services.

Thought about something like:

FAA sUAS Certified for Commercial Services

Is there a phrase folks have been using?

Not sure how it works in USA, but here in UK people often mistakenly state that they are 'Licenced' by the CAA. That is not correct. The CAA do not issue a 'License' to drone pilots, they issue a 'Permission' and they are not the same thing. Pilot (manned aircraft) have licences!

Reactions: slim.slamma
Not sure how it works in USA, but here in UK people often mistakenly state that they are 'Licenced' by the CAA. That is not correct. The CAA do not issue a 'License' to drone pilots, they issue a 'Permission' and they are not the same thing. Pilot (manned aircraft) have licences!

There's no distinction by the FAA; obviously you aren't automatically rated for manned aircraft flight (unless you already were and the 107 is an add-on), but you and a 747 captain are both licensed pilots as far as the FAA is concerned.

Granted, they probably won't let you hang out in the pilot's lounge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters