Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What will it do when I get the Pro res key?

That's awesome, thanks for doing that!

Wow, almost a 10-fold increase just to go up to 422HQ . . . that's massive. I already have 18 TB of photos and video stored, and this would cause it to double in no time!

I'm going to have to test out ProRes vs. H264 to see if the image improvement would justify the increase in storage.

Looking at unedited video you may or may not see a big difference. You will see a difference when you go to edit it and see how much more latitude you have correcting flaws in exposure and color and getting a better overall video.

Looking at unedited video you may or may not see a big difference. You will see a difference when you go to edit it and see how much more latitude you have correcting flaws in exposure and color and getting a better overall video.

Yeah, with a quick look at the footage straight out of the camera the differences may not impress most people, but looking closely and editing the footage makes the advantages more obvious.

For people working on professional projects or just wanting high quality footage that can be pushed in post while maintaining good image quality, ProRes is easily worth it, and in my opinion RAW is worth the extra processing time and storage space for the things we most care about.

It is doing very good now, What will it do when I get the Pro res key?
The X5S that is.....
View attachment 14592

You will get more dynamic range and the colors will be better represented with more of them. H264 looks sharper but you can sharpen ProRes in post. Try comparing low light shots and you will see a big difference. I recently did a video of a sunrise and it was very dark and the h264 can handle it. The ProRes did a much better job. Here is the ProRes version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk