Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What Would You Like Most In A Future Camera

Reaction score
DJI stated the Inspire can take different cameras down the road and that they may actually offer new cameras. What would you like to see?

Me:
Optical zoom?

Personally I'd love to see a larger sensor, with some more mp built with photography as a priority. Possibly interchangeable lenses, but the current fov is perfect for my needs. Maybe an ir camera for people doing surveys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

faster lens,
It's already F2.8 !! Plenty fast enough
A bigger sensor is a must. The 4/3 that we're all expecting now should do just fine.
The current camera is great for video but isn't much improvement on the Phantom's camera.
Something ~18+ megapixels and optimised for still photography would be good.
Automated panorama taking and camera rotation to vertical format would be useful.
Optical zoom isn't necessary and would add too much weight and complication.

Last edited:
Personally I'd love to see a larger sensor, with some more mp built with photography as a priority. Possibly interchangeable lenses, but the current fov is perfect for my needs. Maybe an ir camera for people doing surveys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not on the Inspire -- the weight penalty for a bigger camera with bigger lenses is prohibitive!

Brian

I guess I should have noticed the necro thread...

Anyway, FLIR is clearly the next major tool for the Inspire toolbox.

Down the road a bit I can see SAR radar for ground imaging and 3D model building that's quicker and with less processing required than 3D models built from image data.

Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry