Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

What's up from Santa Cruz

Reaction score
What's up guys! Just joined, and this place is such a great resource for information. I live on west cliff in Santa Cruz CA if anyone ever wants to meet up. I just scored a Inspire 1 Pro Black and got my 107. It would be great to connect with other professionals and get some tips and tricks on the industry ?

Reactions: clackey
What's up guys! Just joined, and this place is such a great resource for information. I live on west cliff in Santa Cruz CA if anyone ever wants to meet up. I just scored a Inspire 1 Pro Black and got my 107. It would be great to connect with other professionals and get some tips and tricks on the industry ?
Welcome and congratulations on your 107.
I’m from Sacramento and currently in moss landing with family.

Hey what's up! You live in moss landing?! I've never actually met anyone who lives there lol. How do you like it? So many good places to fly.

Which inspire do you have? Do you use it for work? Are you associated with the Monterey Bay aquarium

Good to meet ya my company is based in SC

Hey what's up! You live in moss landing?! I've never actually met anyone who lives there lol. How do you like it? So many good places to fly.

Which inspire do you have? Do you use it for work? Are you associated with the Monterey Bay aquarium
Just for the weekend. Heading back to Sac Soon.

I have both 1 and 2 and others, I do mostly structural inspections, some mapping and lots of Racing related videos.

Edited by moderator - Photos/Videos in the dedicated section please. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the weekend. Heading back to Sac Soon.

I have both 1 and 2 and others, I do mostly structural inspections, some mapping and lots of Racing related videos.

Wednesday night street and what ever you bring Drags.
No way! I moved here from Folsom, i used to go to those all the time. Those are some awesome shots holy cow. Esp the Flir ones.
Were you doing a job down here in Moss landing? It would be so awesome to shadow someone like you and see how its all done.

Edited by moderator - YouTube channel links in the dedicated YouTube area please.

it would be cool to set a meetup sometime. is anyone down?

Last edited by a moderator:
No way! I moved here from Folsom, i used to go to those all the time. Those are some awesome shots holy cow. Esp the Flir ones.
Were you doing a job down here in Moss landing? It would be so awesome to shadow someone like you and see how its all done.
Just here for R&R.
back to Sac Monday

Various projects out of the area.

The i1 is a good high end entry level. Tho batteries are starting to get expensive
It a sports car so be carful and account for stopping distance.

best advice......fly every chance you get. Even if it is just following a fence line at different angles.
Fly orbits, get to know every aspect and quirk of your equipment.
Be aware of you rth settings.

Just here for R&R.
back to Sac Monday

Various projects out of the area.

The i1 is a good high end entry level. Tho batteries are starting to get expensive
It a sports car so be carful and account for stopping distance.

best advice......fly every chance you get. Even if it is just following a fence line at different angles.
Fly orbits, get to know every aspect and quirk of your equipment.
Be aware of you rth settings.
Thanks for the advice. One thing im not quite used to is all the attention you get when you fly. Im getting more used to it though as time goes on. Thankfully thr guy i bought it from gave me 8 batteries and a GPC case so im set for now. Although i had my first scare when i had a low voltage warning. Do you set your batteries to discharge after 1 day?

Because when i fly i usually have a camera operator, how would you suggest getting better at piloting? im usually flying with LOS sense i cant always trust the camera when they are getting their shot. I havent done too much of the waypoint flying but i want to explore that more. To me what seems the safest is to do some practice runs of the shot with the camera centered so i can get better confidence then repeat the shot with the camera operator free to move the gimbal.

Thanks for the advice. One thing im not quite used to is all the attention you get when you fly. Im getting more used to it though as time goes on. Thankfully thr guy i bought it from gave me 8 batteries and a GPC case so im set for now. Although i had my first scare when i had a low voltage warning. Do you set your batteries to discharge after 1 day?

Because when i fly i usually have a camera operator, how would you suggest getting better at piloting? im usually flying with LOS sense i cant always trust the camera when they are getting their shot. I havent done too much of the waypoint flying but i want to explore that more. To me what seems the safest is to do some practice runs of the shot with the camera centered so i can get better confidence then repeat the shot with the camera operator free to move the gimbal.
For the shots you describe it would be better with a 2camera system. Or map your flight then set waypoints and fly auto. There are many programs for autonomous flight.
The most versatile I found is UgCS. It has the widest range of drones and cameras.
But
It requires a WiFi connection between the tablet on the controller and your laptop. Any decent router will work it does not need to be connected to the internet for flight, only for planning.
It is the only I one use for setting paths close to and below obstacle height.
android is best for UgCS, last time I used an iPad it was buggy.

Fly single op (camera view) and have a VO as much as possible to improve your object tracking and stick skills.
Not just behind a moving object but off at different angles so the drone is flying at a 30 degree angle but the camera is keeping the target centered. At about 30 degrees the left or right side the of the screen (depending) will your flight path. So you won’t be flying completely blind.
hope I explained the correctly.

Last edited:
I set batteries to discharge after 3 days

typical settings are 30% Warning
"............................ 10 critical

keep in mind tho distance from home point

I set batteries to discharge after 3 days

typical settings are 30% Warning
"............................ 10 critical

keep in mind tho distance from home point
are you coming back down here anytime soon?

Matt and I already live down here in Santa Cruz, so Brian if you ever come down again, maybe we could all fly somewhere together. Bring the inspires, fpv's, all the goods :)
As well as anyone else who wants to come.
I personally fly mostly on West Cliff in Santa Cruz, and up highway 1. So if you ever see an inspire flying by the light house or surfers its probably me :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth