when should you discharge the battery

Reaction score
Guys ...its here ... ? was talking to my 3d buddy , he said that 10 days is way to long to discharge ....why do we want to store them on a 10day cycle.and should I not charge them after flight ...Thanks the Man that will fly the Little Dragon one day...LOL..

i have mine set to 10 days but i fly almost every day. I dont like them to self discharge personally as it screws up the battery percent reading and causes it to drop from 30 percent to 6 percent instantly while youre flying and can cause a crash but I think theyve fixed that problem in the newer firmware if you drain them from 100 down to 5% in one shot to re calibrate the readings. If you dont plan to fly for a while you should charge them to 60 percent, leaving them too discharged for extended periods could damage them as well. I think these "smart" batteries are slightly different than the regular li-pos some people are used too since the info dji puts out is different from what long time li-po battery users say. dji says drain it fully every 20 charge cycles while the other guys say never take them below 20%. Ive had mine 8 months and charged them 35 times and they are still working great. i just let them self discharge if i dont fly for a while, but theyve only done it maybe 2 or 3 times.

Reactions: Dallasfreak
Thanks for your info...and fast response