Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where to find a Dji S1000 or S900

Ha! Had to laugh on the B17 comment! I've told others the exact same thing! Sounds awesome to my ears... that slow prop, low tone, gives the feeling the M600Pro swinging the 21" blades is just idling along till you bring her over in sport mode!

Also the only one I've seen that can actually give a clear "wave" to below group... she tilts & waves like an old Quad Prop... aka: B17!

Also agree.. tandem is best! Put a "toner" on it... so if 1 battery fails you know flight time is getting cut short.
Yup got a few of those toners just for the notification value. Having one of the cells in the battery drop can make the heart race--usually don't fly below 20% anyway, just don't want to risk my bird. The S1000 was my first DJI heavy lifter still remember the thrill and anxiety the first time it left the ground. Been building since the microkopter days (still have a big Octo gathering dust). Also wish there was a way to pull telemetry on the S1000 for each cell same as the DJI designed integrated batteries.

Reactions: dougcjohn
Yup got a few of those toners just for the notification value. Having one of the cells in the battery drop can make the heart race--usually don't fly below 20% anyway, just don't want to risk my bird. The S1000 was my first DJI heavy lifter still remember the thrill and anxiety the first time it left the ground. Been building since the microkopter days (still have a big Octo gathering dust). Also wish there was a way to pull telemetry on the S1000 for each cell same as the DJI designed integrated batteries.
Have a few Heli's.. those toners are great for aircraft that is simple in electronics too!

Reactions: RCOverload
Have a few Heli's.. those toners are great for aircraft that is simple in electronics too!
Have a couple Goblin 700s, Goblin 500, Blade 500, 450, 120, Trex 450. Somehow quads and the heavy lifters caught my attention so these just rest. Agree the toner is good for anything without integrated battery visibility.

Using a DJI camera such as the X5, X5r, X5s, z30 etc all basically have the same set of controls built into the software app that runs on your display. You can start or stop the camera at any time, change from shooting video to taking stills, take a low resolution still while shooting video, zoom lenses zoom in or out, you can change aperture, focal length and you can easily adjust focus with an attach focus controller all while in flight. Hope that helps.
I meant using one of the DJI gimbals that holds a third party camera. Like an A7R2 in the OP’s case

Like I mentioned love drones just for the technology and fortunate enough to be able pick up toys. I have a M600pro with the D-RTK system. Can tell you the M600 is a beast size wise and has a heavy tone in the air, sounds like a B17 bomber to me. The D-RTK system provides the key difference with a much tighter lock on the positional attitude of the drone vs just using GPS. The S1000 with the A3 pro performs very closely to the 600 from my experience, with the 600 having a bit more lift. Enjoy both using the lightweight X5r--neither drone really notice the weight of the camera system as the batteries for both are significantly more payload. Two of the S1000s I picked up for a steal included the zenmuse gimbals one for the GH4 and the other for the A7. Keep thinking I will pick up a Sony A7 to play with but that's further down the interest list. Good to know others still find an interest in the S1000. If I had one concern it's putting that much drone in the air with one battery (kinda the same concern I used to have when I owned an Inspire 1). Suggest dual batteries at a minimum (have seen some strap 4 batts to the s1000, two on top of the platform and two below--think the weight penalty/flight time and stress on the system is too great though with this option vs the redundancy value).
For the batteries I have an idea. Maybe run a normal 15-20000 mah and throw a 5,000 on just in case. If the large one fails I’ll have a minute to get the bird down because that smaller battery is not gonna support it for long alone. Not meant to really fly with it, just to keep it up for a few seconds.

Concur completely, have 5 sets of TB48's and baby them but it's work and time. The TB50's have 8 sets only one battery has failed for an unknown reason but haven't found a way to pry it open just out of curiosity. The Tattus for the s1000 are much simpler and I know they are being balanced charged and stored properly. Also agree about the RoninMX, have one setup that works on the s1000, but have also heard the Gremsey is a better option.
That cool to know. I’ve heard a lot about the Gremsey systems lately as the Sony AS1(?) is using one. Is it just a better system for the cost or does it have some cool features with it as well? Also yeah, I’ve never had a lip die on me because I tend to care for them well. On the other hand 1 phantom 2 and 3 inspire 1 batteries have died on me which is a bummer.

Technically you can get info about each cell. With a little modification to the lipo (which terrifies me putting my hand inside one of those) you can probably rig a voltage monitor to each one and have it communicates through LB2 through the part the M600 does. Maybe an extra port?

For the batteries I have an idea. Maybe run a normal 15-20000 mah and throw a 5,000 on just in case. If the large one fails I’ll have a minute to get the bird down because that smaller battery is not gonna support it for long alone. Not meant to really fly with it, just to keep it up for a few seconds.
You're attempting to make a emergency reserve... good idea but would require additional circuits/diodes. Connecting batteries in parallel draws from all batteries, it doesn't draw from large first. That would probably drain the 5000 early in flight... why tandems need to be equal.

If you added a diode circuit to close small battery circuit while voltage ample on large, and open if dropped below specified voltage... you'd trigger the small reserve.

That cool to know. I’ve heard a lot about the Gremsey systems lately as the Sony AS1(?) is using one. Is it just a better system for the cost or does it have some cool features with it as well? Also yeah, I’ve never had a lip die on me because I tend to care for them well. On the other hand 1 phantom 2 and 3 inspire 1 batteries have died on me which is a bummer.
The RoninMX is a great gimbal.. and Gremsey is pretty much identical in functionality. The main benefits of Gremsy is 1) much lower weight, 2) newer design of payload carrier, 3) Intel-Hub interface, 4) Mount Head, 5) smaller height unit.

The RoninMX is EOL and it's Used price is a lower cost, which may appeal to many. Balancing the payload camera, the Gremsy is always faster in my opinion. The RoninMX rail adjustment seem more touchy to obtain a balance in all axis.

Mounting in either M600Pro or S1000... as mentioned eariler, the mount dimensions are different... something you can correct in S1000 to use M600Pro rails for Zenmuse payloads and others based on this mount.

But for RoninMX or Gremsy Gimbals, you don't need the rails... you can get a 3rd Party "mount puck" that accepts the gimbal pivot head directly. These are nice because you normally don't have to remove them to mount rails for other projects.

Another point, maybe it's been the 2 RoninMX that I have... but when you turn or yaw the platform... I've noticed the RoninMX may hold a horizontal tilt for awhile. The Gremsy's tend to be more stable, maybe due to newer technologies.

Last edited:
Technically you can get info about each cell. With a little modification to the lipo (which terrifies me putting my hand inside one of those) you can probably rig a voltage monitor to each one and have it communicates through LB2 through the part the M600 does. Maybe an extra port?
It's been awhile... have to relook. The Tattu smart batteries do have voltage sensors... but I don't recall if it's recorded and extractble. I recall there was a add-on that you could plug balance lead into that did record or provide voltage data .

You're attempting to make a emergency reserve... good idea but would require additional circuits/diodes. Connecting batteries in parallel draws from all batteries, it doesn't draw from large first. That would probably drain the 5000 early in flight... why tandems need to be equal.

If you added a diode circuit to close small battery circuit while voltage ample on large, and open if dropped below specified voltage... you'd trigger the small reserve.
Thanks! It took me a moment to realize after I sent this that parallel would just drain them all. I think just running two 15,000 or two 10,000 would work. I would definitely want to try the reserve though. Sounds cool.

The RoninMX is a great gimbal.. and Gremsey is pretty much identical in functionality. The main benefits of Gremsy is 1) much lower weight, 2) newer design of payload carrier, 3) Intel-Hub interface, 4) Mount Head, 5) smaller height unit.

The RoninMX is EOL and it's Used price is a lower cost, which may appeal to many. Balancing the payload camera, the Gremsy is always faster in my opinion. The RoninMX rail adjustment seem more touchy to obtain a balance in all axis.

Mounting in either M600Pro or S1000... as mentioned eariler, the mount dimensions are different... something you can correct in S1000 to use M600Pro rails for Zenmuse payloads and others based on this mount.

But for RoninMX or Gremsy Gimbals, you don't need the rails... you can get a 3rd Party "mount puck" that accepts the gimbal pivot head directly. These are nice because you normally don't have to remove them to mount rails for other projects.

Another point, maybe it's been the 2 RoninMX that I have... but when you turn or yaw the platform... I've noticed the RoninMX may hold a horizontal tilt for awhile. The Gremsy's tend to be more stable, maybe due to newer technologies.
My original intention was to try the Zemuse Z15. If I didn't like that than I would have moved to an MX. There is this video that I just saw though warning me not to get one. Turns out the batteries of the M series have been failing a lot of people or die after a few months. Ill look into the Gremsy gimbal because it is newer and people seem to really enjoy using it. Also yeah for me to be running it on an S900 weight would be a big factor.

It's been awhile... have to relook. The Tattu smart batteries do have voltage sensors... but I don't recall if it's recorded and extractble. I recall there was a add-on that you could plug balance lead into that did record or provide voltage data .
yeah I think the balance lead would be the best bet. If i had and M600 or drone running an A3 I could try to see where the balance one the DJI wire leads too. Ill watch a few videos of tear downs to see if I can find it. Maybe I could use my old inspire battery and strip the control board out of it and mount it to another battery. Or just use the Tattu batteries you mentioned. Like I mentioned in another message the output of the TB48 is similar to a normal 22.8v Lipo battery. Of course I would need to reprogram it and make sure the cell count is the same

My original intention was to try the Zemuse Z15. If I didn't like that than I would have moved to an MX. There is this video that I just saw though warning me not to get one. Turns out the batteries of the M series have been failing a lot of people or die after a few months. Ill look into the Gremsy gimbal because it is newer and people seem to really enjoy using it. Also yeah for me to be running it on an S900 weight would be a big factor.
I've had 1 of 4 MX batteries fail. I also located the optional 2nd battery plate & mount... for vertical beam, providing 2 batteries.. allowing 1 to power camera and 1 for MX.

They made 2 sizes of batteries. The standard has the concerns of failure. The larger battery has been shown pretty stable.

But, I'm not sure how easy these are to find or if they were used on newer Ronin's.

I've had 1 of 4 MX batteries fail. I also located the optional 2nd battery plate & mount... for vertical beam, providing 2 batteries.. allowing 1 to power camera and 1 for MX.

They made 2 sizes of batteries. The standard has the concerns of failure. The larger battery has been shown pretty stable.

But, I'm not sure how easy these are to find or if they were used on newer Ronin's.
I never even knew there were 2 batteries. Good to know. Thanks

Interesting conversation, although being new to this I feel like I'm probably picking up half of what is being written ;)
Can anyone point me to a resource(s) that would help better understand the lingo and working of those drones assuming I'm not an electronics or programming guy, but do DIY projects an learn what needs to be learned along the way.
Many thanks!

Interesting conversation, although being new to this I feel like I'm probably picking up half of what is being written ;)
Can anyone point me to a resource(s) that would help better understand the lingo and working of those drones assuming I'm not an electronics or programming guy, but do DIY projects an learn what needs to be learned along the way.
Many thanks!
Welcome, what lingo are you meaning? Drone terminology, Photography, ?
We're all happy to help... plenty of guys on Inspire & Matrice forums with much experience to share.
You've landed on a S1000 / S900 / M600PRO platform discussion...focused on large payload, gimbals & methods of controlling payload.

If you're new to Drones, these large platforms offer abilities not capable in small platforms but also require more DIY configurations & modifications than "ready to fly" smaller platforms. The large platform is also getting harder to find or find the speciality components in DJI offerings; the S1000 & S900 were discontinued a few years ago. Other Brands continue with large platform Hex & Octals.

What's your interest, is there a end goal you're seeking to accomplish?

Reactions: Curiousian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop