Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Where to get new Gimbal Balls?

Hi Dustin – Some people are not always aware that Inspire 2 units come with a set of 3 spare Vibration Absorbing dampeners. They can be found in the small parts and accessories box that ships on the very top of the Inspire 2 box where your AC Cable for the charger and also Vision Calibration Plate is located.

Outside of that they can only be sourced with the complete Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board replacement part.

Our service center may have spares on hand but highly doubtful as these are used in our regular repair cases for Inspire 2 maintenance. Hoping that maybe you can find the spares that came with your unit if you haven't used them already.

I wonder if these will work. Says they are for the Z15 gimbal.
Buy Zenmuse Z15-A7 Rubber Damper

Z15 dampeners are very stiff compared to the I2's due to the payload weight differential. I think the diameter of the Z15's are also smaller because on the Z15 they are attached in sets of three for each attachment point. May give these a shot on Monday but the stiffness may yield unwanted vibration/jello.

I do think its just from my i2 getting tossed around with the winds down here. I have been fighting gusts of 8-12mph during almost 20mph winds all week. Just a lot going on up there. But the next few days will be calm weather and will be outta here!

I am flying roughly 150m above the ridges that these wind turbines are perched on. These alone are almost 200m above the flat grounds of. So just a bunch of turbulent air flow.

Do you use a landing mode case and carry the craft with the camera onboard?

I have seen a few go because of this.

Do you use a landing mode case and carry the craft with the camera onboard?

I have seen a few go because of this.

Do you think the gimbal is hanging when inside a landing mode case causing damage to the gimbal balls? I would think with a soft support under the gimbal and properly placed inspire there would be no issues?

Reactions: SanCap
Do you think the gimbal is hanging when inside a landing mode case causing damage to the gimbal balls? I would think with a soft support under the gimbal and properly placed inspire there would be no issues?

It is only an opinion, and with no specific evidence to support it, but I've observed that merely leaving the gimbal mounted on the I2 for a few hours can at least give the impression that the balls have become unduly distorted.

If I was using a landing mode case, I think I'd want the gimbal to be fully supported ot prevent lateral as well as vertical movement and to take the full weight of the gimbal off the balls.

I've gotten into the habit of never leaving the gimbal mounted unless I am actually planning to fly shortly.

Anyone know where to get new antivibe gimbal balls? Mine are toasted from a lot of high winds from turbine inspections. Cannot find anyone carrying any either.

Regards,
Dustin

When you say that yours are ‘toasted’ what are the signs that they need replacing?

I have just compared my 100 hour+ mounts with the original unused spares and cannot notice any difference.

When you say that yours are ‘toasted’ what are the signs that they need replacing?

I have just compared my 100 hour+ mounts with the original unused spares and cannot notice any difference.

We have seen some that start to leak and it can not be missed. It appears to be a thick white silicon based product. Otherwise you will see them sagging with the weight of a camera as compared to new ones.

Reactions: MrTVR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212